1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

"I Back a Hot Singerbabe Club" Part Deux

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JIO

JIO Connery... Sean Connery Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    hear hear :thumbsup:

DiabolusInMusic and rodl2005 like this.
  2. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I think simply changing the title of this thread would go a long way toward that goal.

3. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    I'm with her - :) In fact - that would make a good thread title. As bass players we are supporters of our female lead singer/front-woman and are proud to play our part so that as a band we are liked by our audience.

dnp41, Oddly, PockySteve and 7 others like this.
  4. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    "I'm With Her." I love it!

5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Brilliant!....You are today's winner of the internet....:hyper:

JIO likes this.
  6. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Attempted light hearted reply removed due to possible misconception at my intent at humour when I should’ve been fast asleep.

Fat Freddy likes this.
  7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    :D

8. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    So what sez' @plankspanker13 ? Do we have an amen? :)

Fat Freddy likes this.
  9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

"I'm with her" is actually pretty good. Indicates you are playing with a female - singer or otherwise I suppose - and doesn't make appearance a factor. Maybe splitting hairs, IDK.

hrodbert696 and Fat Freddy like this.
  10. Just playing devil's advocate here.

But if the female members of TB feel it's one sided that there's only a "hot-female-singer" thread, than why don't they create a "hot-male-singer" thread?

I don't believe from what I've seen that the original thread was meant to demean any female, it's just calling attention to groups that are outside the "norm" of a band being comprised of some dudes that may need fashion advice as a group.

Hope this doesn't start a crap-storm, just a thought. :thumbsup:

11. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I’ve enjoyed the celebration of these pages for some time, but occasionally felt a little creepy perusing the posts. A name change that excluded “babe” would get my vote.

Thumper, JIO, wintremute and 2 others like this.
  12. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

The hypocracy of the renaming of this thread is palpable.
    The sharing of photos of the beautiful, talented women with whom we share the stage is neither inappropriate nor creepy.
    I support the rewording of the thread title if it makes certain members of this community feel less “guilty”
    I do not feel guilty about admiring our female counterparts, nor should our female friends feel guilty of their enjoyment of seeing attractive man (or woman)
    It’s natural and good to find beauty in each other, even superficial beauty.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  13. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

For my part, the singer I post, is also my partner for over a decade. I don't think it's creepy, nor does She that her apprarance is stimulating and is shared here, after all these are pictures of PUBLIC performances, in the attire that she chose for any given night.
    I get that certain comments should not be made! Keep it clean, appreciation is far removed from lecherous.

Soonerbldr, BAG, Mr_Moo and 3 others like this.
  14. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

For the record, I share all of the pictures I take of the band(s) with the band(s) I play in. Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows it's all in good fun.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

WI Short Scaler, City, MCF and 8 others like this.
  15. Me too. Whenever I've taken a pic or found a pic that is fitting for this thread, I've always told the muso of my intentions, they were always quite chuffed. (Not in a port chuff kind of way either)

16. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    And why would renaming this thread be hypocritical? This and your assumptions of guilt by "certain members" as the reason to change it is obnoxious and condescending. Anytime a picture of someone besides you is shared, the people in that pic should give their consent knowing the context in which it is posted. Grow up dude.

Stevorebob likes this.
  17. Lesfunk

Thanks for making my point

18. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    typical snide reply

19. Lesfunk

The thread should either exist or not exist.
    Changing the title does not change the content.
    It only changes the appearance to allow certain individuals to feel more comfortable about ogling women.
    So change it. It makes no substantive difference.
    That’s my point. Take it however you wish

20. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    Again - your opinion. A more open, unoffensive-to-anyone title can signal an awareness of intent, that being celebrating our front-women/singers in a respectable way.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.