1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I beat up my wife last night

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilser, Jul 20, 2007.

1. So last night, 3am I was awakened by the horrified screams of my wife only to find out I was punching her in my sleep.

After a lot of consolation I composed myself enough to realize what was going on. I was having a dream that someone was trying to break in through the window of my old bedroom at my mom's while I was living there. I caught the guy and started punching him in the face ...but I was also physically swinging my arms while in my sleep and hit my wife on the shoulder several times.

She had always said that I talk in my sleep and sometimes do crazy stuff moving around while I'm sleeping. I thought it was all a joke, but now I'm worried!

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Man, I thought this was going to a thread about you actually choosing to beat her up. That would not be cool like.

3. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    You're a serial killer wanted in 7 states, but you don't even know it.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It amazes me that was actually a case where, I believe, a man began sleeping walking, got in his car, drove to his mother in laws house, killed her and drove home. Some said no jury would convict!

5. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    My wife learned the hard way about trying to surprise me in my sleep ... I dont know if this is a hold over from my time in Marines, but the one time she tried to wake me up by surprising me (dont get any dirty thoughts, not that kind) I jump up and swung at her out of reflex. Since then if she just gently tried to shake me awake if she needs to get my attention for anything.

Happened in the shower once also, I was washing my hair and she went "boo" through the curtain and I ended up throwing an elbow into her chin ... lots of flowers and kissing-up to get over that one LOL.

Aaron

6. I went on a field trip in 8th grade with the school, and we all lived in a hotel, and 4 were to assigned to a room. Each room had 2 beds, so two people had to sleep on the same bed. And the friend who slept with me said I kicked him a lot...

7. You never stated if your wife is ok or not!!!!!????

8. you know what you tell a woman with two black eyes???

nothing you havent told her twice already! :bag:

for those of you with bad sarcasm detectors... that was a joke

9. oh, sorry, yes she is ok. But I still need to butter her up real good as she is pretty shaken up by this.

10. How do you stop your woman playing with the remote?

Shorten the chain to the kitchen!

11. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit

My aunt divorced her first husband because he was ex-military, and slept with a sidearm under his pillow. She had it drawn on her as she woke him up one time, and said NO WAY and that was it. Shame.

12. That's good to hear, I guess what you experienced could happen to any of us. Lucky we don't sleep with guns or knives!

13. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    A number of the guys I still keep in touch with still react like I did that time ... over the pass few years its calmed down some, but even last night when she got home before I expected her I still jumped up when she walked towards the bed. Old habits die hard.

Aaron

14. That must be hard but very understandable. :)

15. I elbowed my wife really hard a few days ago. Nothing intentional, I was unloading her car, she was right behind me and BAM!! I told her to remember that my pimp hand was strong :eek: :p :D

16. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Guess that's better than sexsomnia. :)

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I was napping with my ex-girlfriend one day, and she elbowed me in her sleep when I tried to kiss her cheek.
    I got owned :(

18. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    A friend of mine's husband was a Marine and a veteran of Vietnam. (He passed away last year.) He was in the infantry, and went into Cambodia. That dude saw a *lot* of bad stuff.

She got so that she just could not sleep with him at all. He lashed out physically, in his sleep, while dreaming. A *lot*. Their house was right under the flight path from Camp Mabry, and every time a chopper flew over, there was no calm sleep for either of them. He had awful nightmares, triggered only by the sound of a helicopter.

You also couldn't wake him, or any of his 'Nam Marine vet buddies, without extreme caution. They *would* and *did* lash out when awakened the wrong way, which was almost any way you could think of.

One of his war buddies got drunk at a barbeque, and passed out at a picnic table in the back yard. None of us would wake him. It started raining, and we figured, so long as it wasn't a thunderstorm, it was safer to leave him sleeping.

And it was! He woke on his own, and totally understood why we didn't go get him.

Cherie

19. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Is your real name Chuck Norris?

20. My best friend's dad was a Korean vet. His mom woke up one time with him on top of her, punching her and yelling at her in fluent Korean. They slept in separate beds for years after that.

If this was a one time thing, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you're having more episodes like this you may consider psychotherapy - it's not as bad as it sounds.