1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I been workin'

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gunnar Þór, Jul 6, 2003.

1. "Oh

Workin' from seven to eleven ev'ry night
    I' really makes life a drag
    I don't think that's right
    I've really been the best, the best of fools
    I did what I could, yeah
    'Cause I love you, baby
    How I love you, darling
    How I love you, baby
    Mama loves you, girl, little girl
    But baby, since I've been loving you, yeah-uh
    I'm about to lose my worried mind, ohhh, yeah"

That thing kinda describes how my last three-and-a-half day have been. Since 6 AM on Thursday I've worked for 62 hours and slept 15. That ain't too cool. Last night I went to a friends house, grilled some hot dogs, watched the Matrix and had ONE beer. It simply is not funny how drunk I was from that one beer. And tomorrow might be like it, maybe a sixteen hour workday. :(

I know I'll love it when I get paid, but right now it's just not worth it. Sorry for the rant.

2. Oh, I will. I have my eyes set on a Super Redhead, Stella Artios and a weekend vacation. And one of the girls that just started working with us. :D And best of all, I have a dentist appointment at 2 PM tomorrow so I'll get off work early. YAY! :)

Yesterday was a bit scary. I'd been working for 14 hours the day before, slept for 3 and went back to work. During that day I drove for 5 whole hours of the 17 that I worked, all inside of the city. There were several occations where I started up the car, set off and then suddenly realized I'd been driving for ten minutes and I didn't have a clue how I got where I was. I think that's the hint you get that you should probably slow down and get some sleep.