1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I blame you guys for:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim1, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    1) Constant GAS attacks
    2) My purchase of a Mesa 400+(good thing)
    3) Nearly getting rid of my SWR SM900 after all the negative SWR comments (would have been a stupid thing)
    4) Giving me many laughs
    5) Owning far too many basses at various times in my life
    6) Justifying my owning far too many basses at various times in my life
    7) My wife accusing me of having an internet affair
    8) My wife accusing me substituting a post-coital cigarette with a post-coital Talkbass search every time
    9) My purchase of an SABDDI (wonderful thing)
    10) Instilling in me considerable envy as a bass player of those living in the U.S. who have such a huge choice of gear at such reasonable prices.

*Just got back from a gig after a 4 hour drive and, instead of seeing wifey or patting the dog, realised that the first thing I did was to check this forum. Hence this insane topic.

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I hear ya.

Do good things for the wife, though. I constantly do things, both little and big, for my wife. I do it because she's the most important person in my life (besides my daughter). However, I also have to say, there are some fringe benefits to treating her so well:

In the past year, she either encouraged me to buy or bought for me the following:

Lakland DJ5
    Tacoma Thunderchief 5-string -- she bought it for me for Father's Day
    fretless Godin A4 (used) -- Christmas present from my wife.
    EBMM Bongo 5HH
    and an Avatar B212 cabinet.

Now I'm hinting about wanting an Ashdown ABM500 or (my dream rig) a Bergantino IP 310. :D

What goes around, comes around. Take good care of those who take care of you. :)

I must also state that I have a wonderful wife, who takes really good care of me, too. And it doesn't hurt that she's an electrical engineer with a background in music, too.

Maybe some day you can take your wife on holiday to the U.S., and accomplish two objectives at once. ;)

3. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Does that mean your proud of the forum :)

4. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Be kind to your wife... It pays off!! My wife has supported me as I own an insane amount of gear and has supported my gigging as well. I gig about 8-10 times per month and have a demanding full time job. Take your wife on vacation to the U.S. Take her to Orlando and New York.

Went to Orlando in Feb (bass central)... New York planned for May (Fodera, Groove Shoppe, Sadowsky)

OK... it's gonna cost me, but I think I can come back with something!!