I blew up an Eden WT800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cschenk78, Feb 13, 2001.

1. cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    Yep, last Friday night, I was playing a gig at SUNY Cortland...3/4 of the way through the set, right after a solo thing...bass be gone...my brand new Wt800, blowed up!

Am I the only one capable of such an atrocity?

The good news...Eden figures it was a mfg flaw and they are sending me a new one :D
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Don't leave us watching the girl tied to the railroad tracks as the train approaches! What did you do? Flap your arm with your hand in your armpit? :D

(BTW, Bass Player did a review some time ago where they made the Eden head seem flimsy. Personally, I think they're great. Glad Nordschow & Co. are doing the right thing for you).
  3. Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    That makes you a 'real bass player' in my book. Its cool to do it just once.

Blew up a Tranor back in the day...felt good.

4. cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    Well this isn't the first time I blew up an amp! I bought the Eden cuz I figured it wouldn't happen anymore...I had an Ampeg B2 that was rebuild 2 times while on the warranty and once right after the damn thing expired...but I beat the crap out of that amp for about 5 years. In those five years it left me hanging about 5 or 6 times, in the middle of a gig with no sound...playing through the house really stinks!

anyhoo...no arm flapping sorry!
  5. Hary

Hary Guest

Sep 19, 2000
    Hungary, Veszprém
    Congratulations! :)
    Tell me the secret! I want to try it out!
  6. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    fakeschenk - I've made a note to never lend you an amp. You've got quite a track record developing.
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Really, DaveB!

fakeschenk, what's your power supply? Are the audiences rave in Tibet?
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  9. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    The guys in my band call me the "ampkiller" because I silenced an Eden VT300.
  10. i think ive just about blown every amp ive ever had...no joke! :oops:)