1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I borrwed a Friends of a Friends Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Nov 3, 2013.

1. I let the guy know about it its don't do so well as I hoped it would for the low B. least I have a amp to use now. least until I can get a Bondo 40 Bass Amp from Finder.

2. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Don't forget to also Bondo your bass, or you may have an impudance mismatch between the bass and amp, especially if you play metal. The best kind to use is sold by Rondo Music - Rondo Bondo. I used it to fix my condo once ... come to think, it was Rondo Condo Bondo. Oh, and whatever you're smoking, stop.

3. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Please make it stop !

4. Careful with low tunings and borrowed amps, specially underperforming ones, you will tear the time friend continuum if you fart it out.

5. who needs drugs?
    Read TalkBass and experience the same effect.

6. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    This is SigWorthy.

7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I byed a chinapig potty-flex 5000 cause eveybody sayd dey sound gud, but dey always break all d time. Mine went potty in the first set i ever played out an i felt lik suck a profreshinol!

8. Being a former bass sniper, I found that rondo didn't sell the best amp for clipping pesky B notes. I went to the local auto shop and found that if I bought some bondo, and once applied to my recently foundo bass, that I could fill out the condo with toxic low end vapor.

Don't be swayed by all the yap here. Once you slap some bondo on a bass and amp your sound will fill out like none other. Very elastic and your neighbors will thank you for the lack of fundamental.

9. Ninja, I take it you're looking at a Fender Bronco 40. If you're looking to purchase new, these go about $250. If that's your budget, you could do a lot better with a good used amp. Forty watts and 10" is essentially a bedroom amp. Not going to have enough volume to jam with anyone... maybe an acoustic guitar, but that's about it. I'd be looking at an Ampeg BA115 or Fender Rumble 150... something in that range, unless you're looking for just a personal practice amp. These are more decent starter amps. If you're looking to get much under $250, it's gonna be really tough.

On a lighter note, for larger jobs, you will need Mondo Rondo Condo Bondo!

10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    The OP might not be from the US and is communicating the best he can. I've read some of his other posts and he kind of gets his idea across with oddball English, almost like he's using Google Translate.

I think if he were considering the Bronco, as HeavyRockBasser suggests, he can get a better deal for the money, especially used.

I'm wondering if the OP is even reading his own post comments.....?

11. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    LMAO

12. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    Yes but he is confused because after translation they read like this...

In fact the other thing clear on the other end is that Rondo Condo Bondo is the ****. :hyper:

13. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz Banned

Oct 29, 2013
    Edinburgh - Scotland
    Impudance mismatch? Never had that problem with my Hondo!

14. Nothing sounds better though a Bondo 40 than an EBMM Bondo.

15. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I'm beginning to think I'm the only a** who got taken in by this post. Sometimes I'm a nerd that way....

16. I'm confused whether a question was being asked or if this was just a blog?

17. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Bwahahahah!
    This thred is gud for makeing laff.