Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I bought a Beater!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, May 28, 2003.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I sold a perfectly good house for alot more than I paid for this one. (right side of of the pic, you can see the backside of it)

'Kinda like the skydiver adage of "jumping out of a perfectly good airplane".

Needs work, but good bones and a DEEP basement. In a year it'll be a great pad.

We're going to add about 1000sqft. + basement in the back, and updates galore. But the front exterior lines will remain the same.

There are a few nuggets in the house as far as quaint original items, but it has NEVER been updated. I'll be busy.
    [​IMG]

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    diggin the pad man.. ;)

I like it alot.

its very cool, how big is the basement?

3. P. Aaron

Quote:
    its very cool, how big is the basement?
    ------------------------------------------------

About 14 or 15 inches above my head is where the duct work starts. I'm 6'1"

4. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    sweet dude!

basements are always good things to have, so is extra money.

5. Nice house. Even nicer Ranger. :D

6. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    I like the house.

The windows in the front main are nice. It seems like many of the houses in that area are brick. Is that a Detroit thing?

In Massachusetts, they say of Allston, "where the rents are cheap and the basements are deep".

I wonder why you sold your old house. Are you a "serial homeowner"?

7. P. Aaron

Actually that's the former owners car. Like Sec. State Colin Powell, I own Volvos.

Brick is not neccesarily a "Detroit thing". The home was built in 1939. Typical for the era. This home is in Huntington Woods. Arguably an upper middle class neighborhood north of the city.

But there are way cooler examples of Tudor all over Detroit.

8. P. Aaron

In housing terms: A home in need of updates. IE: new; kitchen, bath, roof, mechanicals, and exterior. Usually sold for less than a comparable home that's clean and ready to move into.

This one is "unclean and not ready to move into".

But has "Potential".

9. I know a lot of people who buy "beaters" fix them up and sell them in a couple of years. Land value is going up and will not stop. T

10. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    My godparents live in Hunt. Woods :D