Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Bought a Copley CBE-59NT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by haplo07, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    i bought the Copley CBE-59NT. I LOVE IT!!!! pick ups that are made at the same OEM factory that makes musicman pups before they are sent off to musicman, neck-through construction, 5-strings, 5 woods, gold hardware and this is my first bass. lol. i have played guitar for years, and have messed with various basses over those years (no guitarist can resist playing with a bass when it's out in the open at one time or another.) i know a smooth neck when i feel one. this neck is SMOOTH!!!!!!. i had no problem ripping off some grooves on this baby. i was able to play with it the second i took it out of the box. and i am a guitar player saying this. i had no stress playing on this at all. i payed for it through eBay!!!! $325 with the shipping. NEWWW!!!!!! if you are looking for a new bass, or if you are out looking to start and want to spend under 5 bills for a decent playing bass, then you would be a fool to pass this up!!!!! this bass if the best kept secret out there right now. as my playing improves, should they get a 6'er available, i'm going to them first. if the bass plays this well for a starter (it's used by famous country acts: lonestar, emerson drive, trisha yearwood and etc), i'm serously thinking of buying my next guitar from them. if professionals play them that can afford the high end that we can only drool over (most of us anyway), you should give these Copleys serious concideration. if you don't like what i have to say...STICK IT!!! if you like what i have said and are still not finding yourselves racing to www.copleyguitars.com or eBay, then look at the posting left by Planet Boulder in Talkbass. it sold me BIG TIME!!! maybe it will sell you. if not, your loss. you cant beat this deal. and if you think the bass is cool, then (woooo hoooo!!!), the case for it is even better. tweed-over-plywood hardshell with gold plush interior. sooo vintage-like!!! :) BTW: case is extra, but for what you end up paying for the both you won't care.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    this sounds oddly familiar...

:confused:

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Questions:

1) Who told you that Copley PUs are Music Man OEM?

2) Why do you sound like a Copley ad?

3) Why are you so anxious to have someone else buy a Copley?

4) Why do you feel the need to be rude to get your point across?

5) Why do you assume what's good for you is good for everyone else?

6) Have you ever been convinced to do or buy something when hearing an "unbiased" pitch like yours?

4. Well Put.

Geoff

5. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    *look in bass forums for copley then look through the forums you will find a post from a user saying that the basses can't have official musicman pup in them and a reply from John Copley (the founder of Copley) stating that the pick ups are through a distributor that gets the pups from the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) that manufactures the pups for Ernie Ball before they get shipped to Ernie Ball. you can also get Mr. Colpey's phone# and email through the forums (since he personally comes in here) or through www.copleyguitars.com or through ebay. * if i sound like a Colpey add it is not intentional. i got a great deal and i am sharing info about it. you know trying to be a part of the community here since i just signed up not too long ago. you guy have all given me insight and steered me to this bass, so i am doing the same in kind for those looking. if i sound like an add in describing what i purchased from Copley, then maybe that is exactly what you get from them. i don't pay to give ppl free advertising. i bought my bass. it wasn't given to me. i only spent a lil over 3 bills on it (not counting the case.) why shouldn't i share info? * you misread my if i am anxious for you to spend your money on one. i don't care if you set your money aflame in a field somewhere.* if you think i am rude (which i wasn't trying to be), you should see what others have written in the forums to other members since i have joined up here. *if you read what i said you would have seen i mentioned about Planet Boulder's review in here and that it swayed me. as to me assuming well i don't. *i come here daily almost and always see posts as to what bass a begginer should buy, if anyone has heard of anything or played anything out there that would be good for a beginner to start out with or for news on a good deal in a bass. * i don't assume what is good for me is good for everyone if you read closely to what i said you would not have asked me that. i said basically if you don't like what i have written or said enough to go get one than don't. i don't care. i just got a great deal that i am very pleased with. END OF STORY.

6. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    you should read more into what i said then you would see that it wasn't so well put, because SOME of his questions were answered in what i said. ;)

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

WRONG! That is NOT the end of the story.

Read Mr Copley's response in this thread, regarding these supposed OEM Musicman pickups.:rolleyes:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=457307#post457307

There is also a response from a person who works for Ernie Ball three or four posts above this one, stating that these are not Musicman pickups. Here is the link to that response. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=456844#post456844

So, before you tell people to STICK IT, get your facts straight, buddy!:mad:

8. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    *look in bass forums for copley then look through the forums you will find a post from a user saying that the basses can't have official musicman pup in them and a reply from John Copley (the founder of Copley) stating that the pick ups are through a distributor that gets the pups from the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) that manufactures the pups for Ernie Ball before they get shipped to Ernie Ball. you can also get Mr. Colpey's phone# and email through the forums (since he personally comes in here) or through www.copleyguitars.com or through ebay.

And if you read that whole thread, doesn't an employee of MusicMan come on and say they build their pickups in house so that wouldn't be possible.

And you REALLY sound like you have some ties to this company.

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Your thread sounds way too much like a Copley add (spam) to me, and it appears that some of the other users feel the same way.

Get your facts straight on the pups, you have apparently been totally misinformed, and are trying to misinform everyone here.

Oh, and don't ever tell anyone to STICK IT here. Do it again and you very possibly will be banned from the site.

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.