Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I bought a Deluxe P-bass Special...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimfriar, Mar 20, 2005.

1. yesterday - new at the local dealer. One of the new MIM one's. I was really impressed with it. It plays nice - sounds great - and looks killer - mine is black with gold anodized pguard. Not sure about the MIA content of it - I have read that the body, neck, and bridge are all USA made and finished in Mexico. But whatever - I really like this bass. Even more than my JV series '62 RI !! Oh oh.......

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cool, those basses look pretty nice. Congrats. Any chance we'll see pics?

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Did it come with the noiseless pups in it?

4. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    I HAVE ONE!!!

I thought i was the only person on here who had one! I almost bought the black but i got the sunburts instead and put a black guard on it. its looks killer.

I didnt know that about the neck and the bridge. My nut is off center, so i always figured it was a MIM neck.

I thought fender stopped making them, because i didnt the bass on their site.

hope you love it as much as i love mine.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Do either one of you guy's have the new active version?

6. Mine is the new active version - it is on the Fender site. The Jazz p/up is a Vintage noiseless - I read on another forum that the body and neck are made in the US and sent to Mexico for finishing and assembly. The bridge is the American Vintage bridge.

7. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    ME TOO!!! It's so nice. I got mine in flat black with a chrome pickguard. I have the passive version. I got mine back in 2002. It's a amazing bass. I did notice there was a buzz if I use the jazz pickup, but that's minor.

yes I second.. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???