Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i bought a hiwatt...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaolinwhat, Oct 9, 2005.

1. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    so i bought a hiwatt custom 100 off of ebay yesterday finally! should be getting it this week, and i just want to make sure i will be running the ohms correctly. ill be running it through an ampeg 810 that has the mono inputs as well as the dual mode inputs. anybody that is knowledgable on these cabs please let me know thanks!

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I hate you. :mad:

*burns inside with jealousy*

Honestly though, get a cab that is worthy of that head.

3. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    hah damn...i wont even tell you what i paid for it then. the 810 really is a good match for the head, i have played a 50 watt through it and it was monsterous. i just need to make sure i get the ohms right so i dont do anything stupid to this amazing amp!

4. I don't own one, but I believe you should connect to the 4 ohm connection. I went to the Hiwatt site to find some specs (which sucks btw) and your amp will handle a 4 ohm load. The other two inputs on the ampeg are if you are going to connect more than one amp. As long as you plug into one of the mono inputs you will be running all eight speakers at a 4 ohm load.

Here is a PDF of the owners manual.
    http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pdf/man/m_481731.pdf

Sounds like it will be a killer set up! Congrats! :bassist:

5. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    yeah that sounds right...should i have the ohm switch on the amp set to 4 ohms also?

6. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Yes with one cab match the ohms head to cab.