Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I bought a Laney 65W Amp the other day

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PilbaraBass, May 10, 2005.

1. I'm not overly impressed with the sound, but it was heaps better than the Fender 60W amp and AU$180 cheaper. And it does produce a decent growl. (I tested it with a spector 5 and a Squier Jazz and they both sounded quite good in it)

The fender amp's sound was clean...too clean...no character...no growl at all from the spector...

It has some decent features...a not-overbearing compressor (switchable)...a sweepable mid (but tone controls are also quite tame)....direct out (albeit unbalanced)...effects send/return...headphones...CD in...8 ohm cab out...

My Wishbass sounds VERY sweet through it...and when I slave my 20W Peavey Microbass to it, it sounds even bigger...these two amps actually complement each other quite nicely.

All-in-all...I'd say a very nice sound for my budget...(non-gigging, married, father bassists living in Australia MUST control their GAS)