1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I bought a Laney 65W Amp the other day

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PilbaraBass, May 10, 2005.

1. I'm not overly impressed with the sound, but it was heaps better than the Fender 60W amp and AU$180 cheaper. And it does produce a decent growl. (I tested it with a spector 5 and a Squier Jazz and they both sounded quite good in it)

The fender amp's sound was clean...too clean...no character...no growl at all from the spector...

It has some decent features...a not-overbearing compressor (switchable)...a sweepable mid (but tone controls are also quite tame)....direct out (albeit unbalanced)...effects send/return...headphones...CD in...8 ohm cab out...

My Wishbass sounds VERY sweet through it...and when I slave my 20W Peavey Microbass to it, it sounds even bigger...these two amps actually complement each other quite nicely.

All-in-all...I'd say a very nice sound for my budget...(non-gigging, married, father bassists living in Australia MUST control their GAS)