Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I bought a new bass.. for the halibut.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm waiting for my roscoe, and I wander around and I see one of these palatino EUB's, so I place the order tonight. It should be here next week. I can't wait :). Though I doubt this can distract me from my roscoe.

2. I wish I had a steady paycheck like that...stupid college.:crying:

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You mean one of these?
    [​IMG]

They look nice enough and the price is nice- let us know how it feels/sounds. I've always wanted a DB to bow and play walking lines on, but know that I'd never put in enough time to warrant buying a decent one (and decent DBs cost muy dinero).

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  5. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    what made you choose that over, say, the KYDD?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah, okay. I saw that he mention EUB but I didn't see one on the site for some reason, so I assumed the upright had a preamp or something.

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Price, looks, and customization options. I'm not a fan of the walkingstick type design where there's no body. I wanted something URB-esque without the weight or size. I didn't want a neck on a stand. Plus, these are 40.5" scale and have an ebony fingerboard.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Here's a pic of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've played one not too long ago, our local dealer has one on the floor. It's not too terribly bad, considering the price. Playability is good, the scale length was a bit awkward coming from the 41.375 NSD I'm used to, but I adjusted pretty quickly. The only weakness I found was the piezos are a bit "quacky" and the preamp is a bit weak to deal with the piezos.

I think for what they are though, they're a pretty smokin' deal, and if you can add a preamp that will deal with the piezos, I'd bet it'll sound great.