I bought a new bass.. for the halibut.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowEndLobster, Feb 10, 2006.

1. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    I'm waiting for my roscoe, and I wander around and I see one of these palatino EUB's, so I place the order tonight. It should be here next week. I can't wait :). Though I doubt this can distract me from my roscoe.

2. I wish I had a steady paycheck like that...stupid college.:crying:

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You mean one of these?
    [​IMG]

They look nice enough and the price is nice- let us know how it feels/sounds. I've always wanted a DB to bow and play walking lines on, but know that I'd never put in enough time to warrant buying a decent one (and decent DBs cost muy dinero).

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  5. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    what made you choose that over, say, the KYDD?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah, okay. I saw that he mention EUB but I didn't see one on the site for some reason, so I assumed the upright had a preamp or something.

7. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    Price, looks, and customization options. I'm not a fan of the walkingstick type design where there's no body. I wanted something URB-esque without the weight or size. I didn't want a neck on a stand. Plus, these are 40.5" scale and have an ebony fingerboard.

8. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    Here's a pic of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

9. I've played one not too long ago, our local dealer has one on the floor. It's not too terribly bad, considering the price. Playability is good, the scale length was a bit awkward coming from the 41.375 NSD I'm used to, but I adjusted pretty quickly. The only weakness I found was the piezos are a bit "quacky" and the preamp is a bit weak to deal with the piezos.

I think for what they are though, they're a pretty smokin' deal, and if you can add a preamp that will deal with the piezos, I'd bet it'll sound great.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2021