1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I bought a pair of Heelys...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Cerb, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    After watching these wretched 10 year olds roll around on these shoes and thinking that they were going to wind up in a hospital, I bought a pair out of sheer jealousy. They're fun as hell.

Anyone else in the 18+ category have a pair?

These are mine. They weren't my first pick, but it's hard to find them in adult sizes.

[​IMG]

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I did but they don't count as I pulled the wheels out after slipping 10 too many times on the stairs.

3. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    Here's what you do. Get a scythe and a long hooded black robe and roll down the hallways of your local nursing home.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Don't forget the maniacal laughter

5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Sounds like fun. My girl works at one, so maybe she can hook me up. :ninja:

6. This has gotta be a man law violation.

7. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I agree with skaliwag. Definitely a man law violation. Someone should call Maki.

Also, I feel like beating you up. I really don't like Heelys. But if you wanna dress up like the grim reaper, I've got a robe you could use.

8. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Those just scream "I'm going to break your Achilles Tendon."

9. +1 on breaking yourself
    +1 on man law crimes
    +1 on the grim reaper idea (must post video evidence to save yourself tho :p )

10. I don't have them but I've considered them as I normally walk across a bridge to uni each day and its slightly downhill the whole way. Although I could never justify actually buying them and the fact I would probably break a leg gives me reason not to invest in them.

11. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Do you wear pads?

12. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    I hate those little kids rolling arond in those things but the 1st time I saw a man wearing them my gaydar pegged out. Funny things is he's the drummer for a band I know. He sure didn't look ike Mr. Rock star then!

13. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    i've always entertained the idea of getting some after seeing the tots rolling around in them, i mainly wanted to get some to show those kids that i'm better than them. nothing makes you feel better than showing up children ya know. but i figure i'll just get some of the rollerblades from the 90s that have the detachable boots, that look like climbing sneakers...

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Most shopping centers in the UK have banned the use of these things for the fear of kids injuring themselves and others!

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I think it's really because they are irritating to actual customers who are actually buying stuff - as opposed to the kidz hanging around playing truant and cluttering up the place! :eyebrow:

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Hmm, I don't see many kids playing truant these days, mainly because the police finally started feigning an interest in where they are!

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

So why are they wheeling about all over the place during working days in shopping centres! ? :eyebrow:

18. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Have they banned metal cutlery from their canteens too? :rollno:

It's time we terrorised our nation's shopping centres with whatever nobody has explicitly banned yet.

19. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    come back and talk to us when your achillies are shredded. they've been banned from my house, due to the orthopedic issues they caused my son.

20. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    More work for the Orthopods