1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I bought an MIA Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Insanity^2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. After looking at so many guitars, I set out to try out some basses... My goal? A Bongo 5 HH.
    When it came down to it, I didn't like the feel of the Bongo's neck (too 'painty') ... or it's 'activeness'. I ended up walking out with a Fender MIA Jazz :smug: with that lil' S-1 switch which adds a bit of 'oomph' (I'd call it growl but I'm still unsure of whether it qualifies as growl :rolleyes: )

So anyway, I ended up with a passive, 4-string bass... not what I thought I wanted but it's awesome :hyper:... it's even in sunburst which I HATED before saw this :eyebrow:

Just the one problem: The string spacing at the Bridge is a bit odd, between the E and A it's 18mm, then between the A and D it's 21, and is back at 18 for D-G... is this an issue I should get fixed? It doesn't seem to affect anything, not even my playing (by the 12th fret there's only 1mm difference)

Cheers :)

Now I can save and actually subscribe to this site rather than leeching ;)