I Bought Back My Own Pants!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Here's a funny little story. My wife and I got a good chuckle out of it -- maybe you will too.

There's a church run thrift store in town which my family and I patronize on a regular basis since I hate to pay a lot for clothes, esp. work business casual stuff. We give a lot of oldclothes to them and we buy a lot more. Nice place, nice folks running it, lots of neat toys for the little one.

Anyway, this weekend they had a 50% off sale on everything in the store. I went to the Men's section and located a nice loooking pair of T Hilfiger khakis, decided that they'd be nice to have, added them to my basket and moved on. Didn't bother to try them on; they said 38 x 32 and that was okay with me. At $2.50 a pop, how can I lose?

Later I got them home and noticed that the fly pull was gone and in its place was a piece of wire twisted into the end of the zipper. I had done that with a pair of khakis just a few months before. Not only that, I had given those khakis to...a local thrift store I patronize regularly. And now you know the rest of the story.
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
  3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    :D So when you donate them again, you will have donated three times! What are you trying to get a better tax deduction? ;)

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Give them to Edwcdc, he needs a pair of long pants.

5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Reminds me of a story about one of my dad's friends. At the end of a ski season, he sold his eldest daughter's boots at some sports pawn shop. Come next season, he starts looking for boots for his youngest daughter. They look around, and finally his daughter finds a pair that fits. It's his older daughter's boots, which he then proceeded to buy for 50$ more than what he'd sold them.