Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I bought it...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgal, Oct 21, 2005.

1. bassgal

bassgal

Jan 15, 2005
    I now own a new Schecter C-4 Antique finish 4 string.

I got it for 399.99. From GC.

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me narrow the list down and then helped me with the proper buying approach.

The only thing that confuses me is the 2 band eq. With both pups full on it sounds thinner. Which is weird you would think it would be fuller. But if I solo one or the other. Whoa, look out, LOUD and boomy.

I love the action if it straight off the wall. Plus I like the narrower string spacing. It seems more narrow compared to a lot of other basses anyway.

The only thing I think I am not crazy about the string squeak when I slide into a note. Maybe that is the Elixers? I rolled off the treble some and it helped but it is still there.I may have to try some flats or something else.

Either way it is fun and it sounds so much better than my short scale.

I just hope my arm holds up and is not irritated by the longer scale.

Any string advice or eq advice would be greatly appreciated. I am a finger style , worship type music if that helps. I have an SWR Silverado combo (2x12)

Thanks again,
    Staci

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Well, you know the rules.

It doesn't exist until you post some pics! ;)

3. bassgal

bassgal

Jan 15, 2005
    I gotta figure out how to do that :D

4. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Hey, congrats. I actually was gonna buy a C-4 before my tastes took a huge turn towards the realm of retro. Nice basses.

5. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    Congratulations on your new bass! Regarding the pickup output being lower when both are full on - my Jazz copy does the same thing. At first I thought I might have wired them out of phase when I installed new DiMarzio Model J's, but I followed the wiring diagram exactly. I think that is how they are meant to be. No experience here on Elixir strings, but you will find with flatwounds the finger noise disappears.