Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I bought my son a Jazz Bass, Now I've got one, too.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lbanks, Jan 18, 2004.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I bought my son this...
    [​IMG] (MIM Jazz)
    I liked it and I'm getting this..[​IMG](MIJ Jazz)
    ...:D

Hmmm. My wife is gonna break her foot off in my @ss! Heads up. I may have to sell some excess bassage, unless I can come up with a real good line....

2. HEY IBANKS! I AM YOUR SON! YES, Reconize me!

Mike...:bawl:

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Clean your room and go get me a paper!;)

4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    your the coolest dad in the world.

I asked my dad if he would buy me a Fender P.
    I'm not going to lie. He laughed at me.:(

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Thank you. But, 2 years ago, I would have had a few giggles myself. I just had a few decent contracts last year and decided to invest in toys, rather than back into my business...

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Congrats.

You may have seen the thread, if not,
    I got this MIJ Jazz 2 weeks ago, serial #
    from 87/88. 250 used.

I love it.

[​IMG]

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yep, that's the evil nymph leading me down the trail to pain and ruin...:)
    nice, aren't they?

8. My bass needed repair. 60 bucks. I asked to get it fixed and for a new pair of strings for my birthday. The actually said okay. 5 hours later my dad said "How much are strings anyway?" "Like 35-40 bucks" His voice was the highest pitched noise ever what he like jumped and said "What!?"

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    A long, long time ago I bought a 2x15 cabinet from my bass teacher...one of the speakers was out being reconed. When he got it back and wanted some money for shipping I asked my dad for it.

He got really steamed and said something about needing three speakers next...

Wisely, I resisted the temptation to tell him that my amp wouldn't drive a 2.7 ohm load:D He probably would have knocked me across the room (it was bad enough that I had long hair).

For some reason, I'm a lot more open minded when it comes to my kid's equipment needs...