Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I broke a violin corner tonight

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by JimmyM, Sep 9, 2005.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I am so mad! I was practicing earlier tonight on my Upton Hawkes when the phone rang. So I laid my bass down on the floor sideways and was going to get the phone. But as I let go of the bass, it rolled over forward and hit a broken computer monitor I had on the floor right on the violin corner and broke it off. I was crushed! I can handle a little bit of that stuff...my bass has plenty of scratches and a few choice dings since I got it, but dammit, I never expected to break off an entire violin corner!

So I gathered up the main piece and the splinters and tried to put it back together, and I actually did glue the main piece that broke off, but I can't figure out where to put the splinters. So even though the corner's been glued back on, there's still bare wood showing at the break point. Which bothers me to no end.

So if you have to lay your bass down, don't lay it next to a computer monitor!

EDIT: And if that wasn't enough, just to add insult to injury, when I hit the send button on this message, up pops an Upton Bass ad with a close-up of the violin corner of a Superswing, mocking me in its perfection. DOOOOOOHHHHH!