I broke my neck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Nov 17, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Hey, when I am holding the back of the neck to my bass with the left band with any amount of firmness, I can hear what I beleive to be wood cracking. If I curve my hand into the neck it becomes louder. What is this, and what do I need to do??????
  2. dot74

Aug 24, 2000
    If you here any kind of cracking noises, you probably should take it to a luthier shop to find out why. Then from the info you get back, you can make a better decision as to what you should do next.....

In other words....I don't know what you should do to fix the cracking noises, but I am suggesting you take to someone who can tell you and give you advice on making your next decision.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    what kind of bass is it?

4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Fender Precision Bass. About 6 mos. old. Do have high action with heavy meduim gauge strings.
  5. phwew. At first I thought you ment something else..
  6. The first thing I would check is to make sure that the screws that attach the neck to the body are fully tightened.
    They may have loosened up slightly, or were never tight when it left the factory - that Fender quality control does slip by every once in a while.
    Did the bass take a fall, or get knocked over at all?

7. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    no, it did not take a fall. i take excellent care of my bass. when not in use, it stays locked in my case. however, it is sitting over at my girlfriend's house, and when i was leaving her ex was coming over raising hell about something. i don't know what he was raising hell about, but if my goddamn bass gets damaged because of him, i will murder him. JK,