Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I broke my toe! GAH!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Freakin A man! I have stubbed my pinky toe on my bed every damned day for the last 4 days... Its always walking awayy from my PC too... bastard bed.

Anyways... I hit it really hard 15 minutes ago... and I guess that was the last straw.

It started swelling immediately, didn't hurt though...

Now it is swollen, and is in throbbing pain....

I can bend it but it hurts like a mofo...

:bawl:

2. Move your toe, wrap your bed in ice.

3. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Don't worry. You have nine others. Pinkie toes are useless anyway. :p

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    shut up mike. noone cares.

btw? did your long term family pet die? maybe you could make a thread about that... seems to be in fashion, but tbh i couldnt care less.

5. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    I broke my big toe once. I thought I was tough. No big deal. Guess again :scowl: My foot swelled up like a watermelon and I had to stay off it for a couple weeks.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    The only pet of mine that has ever died... has beeb my kitten sparkle.

My aunt lived in the house behind use, so we had a gate between our yards... Sparkle was on the fence, my aunts 5 german shepherds knocked him down, and riped him apart right before my eyes.

:bawl:

The rest have just been given away...

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Did I mention that I heard it snap... and it was LOUD?

8. Stop listening to Enya and maybe you won't be so much of a wuss

9. You could have just cracked it like a regular knucke. I have done the same thing. Don't bitch until you break the joint in your big toe, thats pain for a toe :). It's been a month and a half and still can't bend it but at least I don't need to.

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    At least it wasn't your fingers, then you wouldn't be able to post a thread about it. :bag:

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    and why are you complaining?

just wrap it up mike.. there's not alot you can do for a toe

but really.. if you did it every day for 4 days... i'd say you deserve it ;)

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    y u gta h8?

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Advice man, don't type like that, after a while you become addicted and won’t be able to write anything like normal people... it’s scary and bad

I drove my friend yesterday to hospital... he got very drunk, um well fell/jumped of 2nd story... landed on his feet... it looked like he broke them... nope... didn’t brake anything :D lucky too… didn’t have insurance or anything… guy was WAAAASTED

Sadly it was kind of funny... he was cracking jokes about it too...

If you really worried go to dr. and see if its bad... if not just cut it off and that way you wont hit/brake it again...

Cheers

14. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I broke my pinky toe jumping on a trampoline. Just leave it alone, and it'll heal, or fall off.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sucks to be you suckface.

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    OMG I KNOW.
    I!!!1!!!!! *** LOL STARTAD TOKNG LIEK TAHT AND NOW I CANT S2P LOL!111!11 OMG
    :p

17. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    There was this chick in my home town back in the 80's - well she and her boyfriend were so punk that they cut off their pinky toes and had them bronzed and traded them to wear each others bronzed pinky toes on a chain around their necks. In looking back, I'm thinking that there was no way that any of it was true - but it sure was a punk story…
    I think I cracked my big toe or something. I stubbed it real good and it felt broken at first and now it's been sore for going on 2 months, although barely anymore.
    I smashed my left index finger last week. I was pounding some big nails into some fence boards / rail road tie fence posts with the back of a hatchet (because I'd broken two claw hammers already that afternoon and was down to the hatchet) …I took a swing at a nail I was holding with my left hand and missed and hit my left index finger on the pad (finger print) side of the finger squishing it against the rail road tie (fence post) causing my finger tip to explode like stepping on a ketchup packet. It blew out the side all around the cuticle of the nail and went all white and dead on the side that exploded and bled out. Good times, good times.

18. Mike, please tell me the bed wasn't hurt in any way man. Beds are one of the most important things in one's room.

19. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    If you can move it without feeling kinda sick to your stomach, it probably isn't broken (badly enough for anything to be done for it, anyway).

Just tape it up.

20. Exactly. In 6th grade when I played football, our quarterback broke his pinky toe during a game, taped it up during a timeout and was back out there playing, finished up the game and we won. That was a fun game :)