I buying a Zoom 506II - is it worth the money (79.95)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 4stringthing, May 19, 2001.

1. 4stringthing

May 10, 2001
    I am buying the new Zoom 506II Bass Processor. I found it on the internet for $80. I think it is a good deal, but is this thing going to be a piece of crap or anything like that?
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    It's a toy. My personal opinion is that it's crap. I wouldn't have any use whatsoever for about 3/4 of the effects in it.
    If you're short on money, and feel like you could use it, by all means get it. But one single quality effect is from my point of view worth more than a Zoom with a million patches. Granted, it would cost more as well.
  3. Well, i also play guitar, and in the band which i play guitar, the bassist owns a Zoom 506II. and to tell you the truth, i hate it. the amp feedback noise you get is annoying, and sometimes unbearable. If you have a good amp that can cancel out that noise, it might be a good purchase.
  4. I have one. If you're just wanting to screw around it is a good deal, but if you want good effects try stomp boxes or a digitech bp8, the bp8 is way better but has to many effects to have to deal with.