I can die a happy man!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Jul 9, 2004.

1. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I have to share this, it's too good to be true.... if nothing even close to this ever happens again I won't mind.My fragile bloated ego willl treasure this conversation for all eternity. Things like this don't happen to me.

So anyway, this is the scenario. I'm sitting in small bar with a couple of other scruffs, enjoying a pint or two- dressed for the occasion- knackered sandals, drinking pants and delapedated Neds atomic dustbin 1992-tour t shirt with more holes than your average tea strainer.- When over comes the prettiest looking young lady, carrying a card and a huge smile- the conversation goes like this. I promise- not a word has been altered.

-Her "..erm, excuse me, You're Tom aren't you? You play bass in a band around here, right?"[friends start sniggerring already- the've had to bear witness to some of the lamest performances since Wings]
    -Me (splutterring beer froth across the table as I manage to croak out).... errr yes. I do, I am.. ...erm...
    -Her, "Sorry, My name's Zoe-I just had to come over. I saw your show at the Wall last weekend. You guys were amazing, I've never seen anyone play bass like that, before."
    -Me (going bright scarlett I'm cool like that you, see :rollno: )... Really? ...I mean- Thank you! that's very kind of you.
    -Her well, I have to go... I'm late for work, I just wanted to give you my number.Call me if you don't have any plans this weekend.- hands card with number on it over.(Friends have stopped sniggereing, and my knees have gone weak.)
    -See you soon then!,
    - Me..... :eek: :eek: :eek: ....

And with that she left me to order several tequillas in remarkably quick succession.
  2. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    :D Thats a Great little story!!!

(Isnt that why we play music anyways?) :bag:

PS: Eagerly awaiting how this plays out..... :smug:
  3. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Well, are you going to follow it up? :D
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    its not true unless there is photographic evidence. LOL

go get 'em tiger!
  5. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    You're such a stud!! :D

Finally, playing in band pays off with something of real value. Now you gotta play the part.

Good hunting!!
  6. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    she might be a vampyre or a mad med-school drop out :) so, in fact, you MIGHT die a happy man:)

:D :D :D :D
  7. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    oh, yeah one more thing

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Woah, that's crazy. Chicks go for the bass player sometimes? More importantly, know what the bass player is doing?!?! :eek:

She sounds like a keeper! :D
  9. Dirtgroove.... you are my hero....:p

Keep us updated on situation bro!
  10. That really is the best feeling.

My first drinking age show at a bar was at a place that was just on the cusp of the 'hood. I'm taking my guitars out to the car and I hear footsteps behind me and I think I'm going to get jumped. Turns out it was this cute little brunette who said nothing more than 'that was a nice show, I want you to have this' and hands me a slip of paper with her name and number.

There was also a time I was on a first date with a girl I really liked and 'recognized' twice. Still didn't do me any good :rollno: . :p
  11. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'm with him. We need photographic evidence to beleive your story. Maybe her wearing a bikini or something.
  12. proof, please. Show us her card (including phone number) and we might believe it :D :D :D
  13. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    That rocks my man! :bassist:

Now call her and ask her out and don't play hard to get.
  14. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Just remember the rule from the movie Swingers. Wait 2 days to call. And do not, under any circumstances, call late a night, leave a message on her machine, then call back because you got cut off.
    BTW, I thought Swingers was an average movie. I know people who loved it, I didnt see the appeal.
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I wonder how much your drummer paid her to go over there and say that.....;)
  16. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Why is it that every time I see a post from Edwcdc I just have to read it as if Christopher Walken is talking to me??? Same with Benjamin Strange....all I hear is Wilfred Brimly...as if it isn't enough the guy reminds me of my dad! Funny stuff!
  17. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    by the sounds of it, I think the movie he should be taking advice from is "Something about Mary" and he should unload the gun before the date.

We want follow-ups, not matter how good or bad.

Hey, why is it that I only ever get recognised when I'm shopping for comfy underware, vaccum cleaners, and/or garden fertiliser?
  18. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

Yeah, nothing like buying some Tucks pads while you're making eyes at some hottie.

Good luck with this man! You better keep us posted...all of married guys live out our fantasies through people like you!
  19. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I read that post and grinned from ear to ear. Good job, man, good job!