1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I can't believe college is starting next week

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stingray2112, Aug 17, 2012.

1. It seems like I just got done with the summer semester. Oh well...2 more semesters and I'll be done! :hyper:

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I start Wednesday. Last year of college and then off into the real world. Yikes.

3. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    I start back August 28th. Back to the ol' grindstone, man.

4. My thoughts exactly.

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is the first time since I was in diapers that I don't start school in August. I rather like this "get paid with no grades or homework" thing :D

6. Man, I miss my undergrad days.

I average about 2 weeks holiday (out of a contracted 6). Yay to research tying in stipulations about hours and holidays where you have to work when work needs done (it doesn't end in research!).

Enjoy the regular student experience while you can :-D

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Big plus 1.

8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I still have about a minimum of 3 years ahead of me, counting this year which is my last year of undergrad, I don't mind it, I like studying.

9. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    I just finished up midterms. Should be graduating next June. Only one more school term after this one. (Good luck with that maths.)

10. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
    I just transfered from a 2yr into a 4yr so I could pursue a BA for my major. The college is only 10 minutes from my house and I will be living at home and commuting, so its better all around.

The fact is college room and board is more than the actual tuition. I figured why should I spend money for a place to live and not just on education? I will already be paying my college loans back for years so why should I add more just for a place to stay when I can live at home practically for free?

Then again, those fraternity parties will surely be missed... :D

11. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Wow really? I am about to start week 10 for my summer quarter. Don't start Fall until Sept. 20th.

12. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Seriously? I move in on Saturday and most of my friends have already started. I'm looking forward to it. Then again, I'm a music major so half if my credit hours are rehearsals and lessons and the other half are made up of music classes. Living the dream Haha

13. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Enjoy it .... I feel that way every Sunday night ...unless I have emergency work and end up losing my weekend as well...

14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I start tomorrow with german 102.

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Start back on the 27th...I'm three courses away from being officially ABD.

16. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Feeling the exact same way... from the other side. I've got to brush up on all my Western Civ I notes, haven't taught it in a year or two. Plus I realized that all the images I used to use to teach with didn't have any citations attached, so in the name of setting a good example on plagiarism issues, I'm re-downloading every motherloving one of them and giving it a citation. Man I hate shoveling crap.

17. I started last Thursday. only been to about 1/2 of my classes. I'm still wondering why they started on Thursday :confused:

18. Seeing the end of the tunnel is really sweet.
    Getting that degree is going to be one of the proudest accomplishments of your life.
    Good luck.

19. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    I finished my bachelor's a couple weeks ago. Viewing this thread makes me smile :)

However, I've decided that I'm going to try and pass the SOA actuarial exams, so more studying for me :(

20. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    One semester to go and I graduate in December!!! I can't freakin wait!! :hyper:

Yes...then into the real world, where I get paid to have my time robbed of me lol