I cant choose what to buy!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Nov 20, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    OK well the local music shop is having one of those huge stock take sales where everything is a fraction of the price. And theres alot of stuff that i want to buy...heres whats on the list that i 'would like'

-IBANEZ PF-300 Acoustic Guitar $299
    -DOD XBass-30 Multi FX- $59.90*
    -Danelectro Cool-Cat Delay*
    -Sennheiser EH2270 Evolution Headphones- $29.90*

The asterix means only one per customer.That means i can only get one of the 3.

Now im really set on getting this DOD FX Unit. It might not be the best, but i can always sell it for a little less than the full price if i dont like it.

The Delay pedal could add some cool stuff into the stuff i write, and i could use it with the band.

The Acoustic guitar. Dont hurt me! i need one! i want one to write a few guitar lines over bits and bobs that i write. if i got this, id have to do some serious conning of my parents to get me this for christmas. And it never hurts to have a twang on a good ol' acoustic. :D

The headphones are limited to one per customer aswell. Now i might not have an immediate use for them, but when i get my own computer and mixer, they will come in handy. and its not everyday you get a pair of $300 headphones for $30.

So basically i can get the acoustic guitar and ONE of the other things. Just what should it be? Headphones, Delay, or FX Unit. I really cannot decide, can ANYONE help me at all!! Ive got until Sunday morning until the sale is on. Oh, and ill be the first person in the shop, so i guess i can pretty much choose :)

Thanks alot, im in a real dilly of a pickle. Cheers!
  2. Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    dude, when they say "one per customer", its usually referring to that product only.

Meaning that you could buy all three of those things, aslong as you only bought one of each.

Its to stop wholesalers going into the store and cleaning out their stock only to then resell it for a profit.

So buy all four;)

edit: i could be wrong though ....seems to happen more often than not these days:rolleyes:
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Right, IME that is how 'one per customer' works.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Although if you had to pick one, I would go with the headphones. Or a different brand of acoustic guitar. :D
  5. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hey superduck, whats wrong with the Ibanez!

You cant tell me thats an ugly guitar! :D

On the list of items that got sent to me, all the 'one only' items have an asterix, and down the bottom, the asterix means:

* The one only specials are first come first serve and limited to one per customer.

That means i can only get one :meh: Im thinking ill get the effects unit, and if i dont like it, sell it. does that sound sensible, because i really dont know what to do :D
  6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Get the headphones. What I would give for a really good pair of headphones right now...
  7. Hrmm...

How about get the headphones,and get 3 of your friends to get the other 2 things:)
  8. I was thinking the same thing. Just get one and have your friends go in and get the other 2 that you need, unless of course, they want to get their own thing that is limited to 1 person customer thingy...
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Hey, to each his own. Every Ibanez product I have played has been thouroughly unimpressive- especially their acoustic guitars. If you dig it, though, go for it! :cool:
  10. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    This shop is bloddy big, and to get into the 'closed door' sale you have to make an appointment, and have the invitation. Only i have the invitation, and it has my name on it, so yeah.

We'll see what happens :D
  11. Shoulda mentioned that before ;)
  12. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    My bad ;)
    One thing i just noticed, the inlay on the headstock of the guitar is my initials, PF :cool:
  13. Now you HAVE to get it! If anything man, I say you go for the Effects unit, you can get a decent pair of headphones for a decent price these days. I picked up some NICE ones for $30 at Best Buy a while ago.
  14. ummm

as others said, i would bet the "one per customer" refers to one of each item, as it always does in big sales.
  15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    You should really be able to get one of each man. I really like that Ibanez, how it looks anyway, Ibanez has always been a good brand too ;);). You have to get it with those initials in the headstock too dude!!!!!!!!
  16. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    That's right. If the Ibanez guitar has a * by it, it means that each customer can only purchase one of those Ibanez guitars.

Same goes for the headphones. Each customer can only purchase one set of headphones.

Same goes for the effects pedal. The * means each customer is entitled to, but also limited to purchasing only one of those effcts pedals.

Evrything with a * by its name means you can buy one and only one of that particular item.

It isn't a very difficult concept to understand.

You (kirbywrx) are allowed to go buy 1 set of those headphones, but only 1 set. You (kirbywrx) are allowed to go buy 1 of them there Ibanez acoustic geetars. You (kirbywrx) are also allowed to go buy 1 of those effects pedals, but you're only allowed to buy 1. You (kirbywrx) are also allowed to buy 1 of everything else that has a * buy its name, but only 1 of each item.

You (kirbywrx) are not however, allowed to go buy 2 sets of headphones, keep one set and sell me the other set for 30$... cause you're only allowed to buy 1 set of those headphones.

Sorry, boredom.
  17. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    thanks, and sorry.

i had just read the disclaimer somany times that it had lost all meaning..thanks!
  18. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    i ended up getting the DOD bass30, it was either that, the headphones, or the pedal. i really couldnt decide between the headphones and the effects unit, but i ended up getting the effects unit because it has a bigger re-sale price :cool:

anyway i didnt get an adaptor with it, they are going to call me up to get it when they get one in. so i have to look at it for the next few days :meh: dispite what the reviews on harmony central said, i think its pretty damn solid. the only thing is, the expression doesnt look too sturdy...plastic...:meh:

ah well, i scored a set or DR's aswell, cant complain :D