I can't choose!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scuba steve, Jan 30, 2006.

1. fender amer. stan. p bass

2. eb hh stingray

1. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    well i went to guitar center today to try some basses out since im gettin a new one in a couple of weeks. im choosing between a fender american standard p bass, and the new HH Ernie Ball stingrays. i got a few weeks to think about it so ya'll give me some input.
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

3. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    ya'll tell me why(in detail if it's not to much trouble) why ya'll chose the bass ya'll did.
  4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

The simple P bass is so boring compared to the new Stingray HH. Everyone has a P Bass, I know there's a reason for that but it's not like the EB MM SR HH is bad. It looks like a swell bass that oughta be 100x more versatile. It's also sexier.
  5. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I might have even thought about which to choose if it had been the one pickup SR but it definitely has to the the HH.
    I'm actually waiting for the HS Sterling to come out with 5 strings!
  6. i'm a fan of both and i really loved my p bass.... but i love my stingray just a little more, more to it and just a better bass

go with the stingray
  7. The Ray for sure!!
  8. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Voted for the P... only because I already have a SR (1 pu). If I didn't, I don't think I'd be able to choose either.
  9. Get both. Kidneys are easily replaced.
  10. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    National Reso-Phonic Guitars
    get a stingray if you want to be like most folk on this board.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I voted for the Stingray because I don't like P-basses, but if you had said Fender American Deluxe Precision, I would've voted for that. I've played a few of them, and they dominate.
  12. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I voted Stingray because I can't keep track of Precisions. Fender American Deluxe Precision, I'm assuming, is not a Fender non-American Deluxe Precision? Jeez, they make a lot of Precisions.

Plus P basses make my left hand cramp up. Except the Hot Rod Precisions - I liked those, so of course they discontinued them almost immediately.

13. +1. I've got one, super bass! They really do dominate :)
  14. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Have both. Love both.

If it's an American Standard P, as far as I'm concerned that's the best P around. If it's one of the newer ones (American Series), no question would I get the 'Ray.
  15. Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    I never particularly liked the Stingray's tone or feel (I tried really hard, too :meh: ). The P, on the other hand, is just sweetness in my book. Ernie Ball can throw as many features as they want into the thing, but my ears prefer a Precision.
  16. You really can't go wrong with either bass. Its all up to you.
  17. I've had both and love both, but the P-Bass edges out the Stingray in recording by a hair. But to be truthful, you really cannot go wrong either way. Enjoy!
  18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The Stingray! Out of the two basses, I much prefer them.