1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I can't find MM Sterling pickguards!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Treebeard, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Fuquay, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    Good evening,

Am I insane or just awful at google? I cannot seem to find pickguards for sale for a Music Man Sterling Ray34CA (Classic Active) bass. Maybe noone sells them. Please help!

Many thanks,

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Try Pickguardian.

Treebeard likes this.
  3. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Fuquay, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    I'm trying to find brand name ones but I might have to end up at pickguardian.

4. Greasy Groove would do a tracing as well I believe (I've never dealt with them just looked at their PG's from time to time lol)

Treebeard likes this.
  5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Their quality is great, and will send samples of the different material if you pay postage.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    What might help is not putting "Music Man" on your queries, as it's not an American EBMM instrument. When you put Music Man instead of just Sterling Ray34CA, likely you're getting a lot of options for the US basses. The holes, and shape I believe, are different between the US and import lines.

With that said, I'm pretty sure your best options are Pickguardian or Pickguard Heaven. I don't know of anyone that's cranking out pickguards for the import models.

Treebeard and wizard65 like this.
  7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
  8. lostreality

lostreality

Sep 2, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Does anyone know if EBMM Sterling and SBMM SB4 pickguards are interchangeable? Also, why is Music Man's branding so atrocious?

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    It's a somewhat long story that's been posted right here on TB and on the EBMM forums numerous times. Basically, and over-simplifying it; it wasn't their decision.

lostreality likes this.
  10. lostreality

lostreality

Sep 2, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I'll have to look for it. It's pretty much like having a bass called the Precision by Fender J-Bass4