1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I can't keep up with this!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Lurker, Feb 27, 2013.

1. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I used to think I had a lot of effects and used them a lot, and I got pretty good at the fuzz/octave/filter thing for synth sounds, but I have to admit there's no way I can keep up with what's going on these days.... I was thinking about buying a Mothership but gave up when I realized how much tweaking it would take to get it set up....

Also, the guys who play dubstep with just a bass..... gah. I'm old now.

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Just do what I did, stick to classic fuzzy goodness. :D

3. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Even then, the endless tide of new boutique fuzzes and distortions is hard to keep abreast of....

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Is it really necessary to keep up with everything? When I first got back into effects on bass 3 or 4 years ago, I started a thread to ask about what's new and innovative out there, and there wasn't a single one I could use. Saw some badass pedals but nothing I found usable for my stuff. If you're covered, you're covered.

5. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    It's not so much about buying stuff, but I'd at least like to know what's out there....