I can't learn this way!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by b0r3d, Jan 9, 2003.

1. b0r3d

Dec 26, 2002
    I can't learn by not knowing anything what-so-ever!!! :( Does anybody know of any good bass tutorial sites? I need things that will help me learn the notes, chords, etc... Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D
  2. Most people will tell you to find a good teacher, and this is the best thing you can do for yourself, but, I realize that some of us either can't afford a teacher right now or just don't have access to one because of where we live. Having said that, this is what I can offer at the present moment.

I've bought a few. They're pretty good. Most of them come with a CD so even if you can't read music, you can still learn and at your own pace.
    I still can't play 90% of the J.S Bach stuff. Man that guy was good!

Hope this helps.

Hey B0r3d, fill in your profile so we can tell what stuff you're into. :)
  3. b0r3d

Dec 26, 2002
    Thanks man, and there, I filled out my profile. :p
  4. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    In addition to what Michael said you might want to hang around the General Instruction forum here at TB. There have been lots of threads regarding chord theory, ways to learn the notes on the fingerboard, and whatever else you may want to learn (and there's always lots to learn! :)).

Oh, yes, and indeed get a teacher if you can. A teacher will help you with proper technique, as not to pick up bad habits that can be damaging and he will help you with questions you need answered.

Good luck :)
  5. b0r3d

Dec 26, 2002
    Yeah, next year I'm just gonna join orchestra, I was going to this semester, but, they'd be just a bit too far ahead of me, and I'd have to hit the ground running, so, I'm putting it off until next year, but for now, I'm teaching myself... Thanks though Stephanie, that can be useful!
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    You just posted at one! the general instruction forum here is a great resourse to have, and if you add the rebirth of libster courtesy of TB's very own Snafu (Gabu) there are 2.