1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I cant record from my amp

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by alien533, Aug 8, 2002.

1. alien533

alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    London,England
    My amp doesnt have line out, all its got is head phones out. I have tried recording through headphones out and it doesnt work (well it comes out very loud and distorted and you cant hear what i have recorded). what am i doing wrong? please help cause i dont want to use a mic.

2. the headphone out is powered, it has been amplified about a half watt at most i think, the load is too much for your recorder, you could get a direct box with an attenuator, which cuts off the powered signal, if im correct. but then if ur recorded doesnt have a balanced xlr in then u need an imp too, a and/or various adaptors if it isnt 1/4 inch. umm i think all this info is right or close to it but i dont totally trust myself, no self esteam, (i think i spelled that wrong (lol)) but some pro will probably come and fix anything wrong i said, im only 15 and dont have to much experience btu i read everything i can

3. Pull the chord half-way out of the headphone out. That should fix it. It's cause it's stereo.