I cant record from my amp

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by alien533, Aug 8, 2002.

1. alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    My amp doesnt have line out, all its got is head phones out. I have tried recording through headphones out and it doesnt work (well it comes out very loud and distorted and you cant hear what i have recorded). what am i doing wrong? please help cause i dont want to use a mic.
  2. the headphone out is powered, it has been amplified about a half watt at most i think, the load is too much for your recorder, you could get a direct box with an attenuator, which cuts off the powered signal, if im correct. but then if ur recorded doesnt have a balanced xlr in then u need an imp too, a and/or various adaptors if it isnt 1/4 inch. umm i think all this info is right or close to it but i dont totally trust myself, no self esteam, (i think i spelled that wrong (lol)) but some pro will probably come and fix anything wrong i said, im only 15 and dont have to much experience btu i read everything i can
  3. Pull the chord half-way out of the headphone out. That should fix it. It's cause it's stereo.