Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I can't sing!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleabass89, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Not singing while playing, but singing in general. Especially when I sing high, I sound horrible. I can go pretty low, but either way my voice sounds like crap. Does anyone have excersises/suggestions to help? I don't like singing when anyone is home though so it might take a while to do the excersises...:oops:

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

So it goes. Falsettos are where it's at in rock music. We altos are just back-up these days.

Just singing will just help you strengthen your vocal cords while still making all the mistakes, IME. Do you have a choir or local vocal group where you could participate? These structured situations will help teach you voice control, not "sliding" notes (like country/western music), and most importantly, BREATHING correctly.

A person with a naturally good singing voice still doesn't have it down until they learn how to control what they have.

You may not dig the music so much, but the discipline is valuable. Otherwise, it's just riding around in your car, singing along to the radio and sounding miserable, (probably).

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I feel your pain man. I can only sing bass and baritone, I cant sing high at all. :(

4. hey at least our voices match our instruments:)

5. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Falsetto? *shudder*