I can't sleep!!! AHHH!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Allright. This is starting to drive me nuts. My sleeping pattern is royally screwed up. I fell asleem a 5 am and woke at 2 in the afternoon today. Someone help me get some mormal sleep!!!!! Anyone have any good remedies for this problem? I was trying the stay up for 24 hours, then get my 7-8 hours at the right time, but it obviously didn't work. All help is appreciated!
  2. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    I find its a matter of forcing yourself to get into bed at the time you want to go to sleep and setting an alarm for the time you want to wake up (tired or not). Eventually your 'body clock' will take over and get you back on track, much like when your jet lagged!

Good luck with that anyway mate ;)

3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That is another problem I have. I turn off the alarm clock in my sleep. I am very used to not being able to see well (I wear glasses), so at night, I can hit that alarm button so easily without me consciously realizeing that I'm doing it.
  4. ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    Try moving your alarm clock away from your bed, so you have to get out of bed to turn it off.
    Hope you can get to sleeping when you want.
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'll definitely try that. I think I will modify an alarm clock to hook up to some headphones, so that way i won't wake up my wife, but I'll get up quick!
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Physical exercise.

Usually one major problem of sleeplessness is that your body is not "tired" at the end of the day.
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's very fiting for me. I'll probably go for a good jog in a bit
  8. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    When I get used to staying up late, I always force myself to wake up early, even on days when I don't have to. After a couple of days, I'm back on track...
  9. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I got the same problem as you, I usualy go on bed at 4am and wake up at noon ...

Don't bother me at all but gf and parents don't like that ..
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Same here bro. I go to bed around 3-4AM, and wake shortly after 10AM. I do not like it. By the time I get up and moving, the day is half over. :(

11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I wonder how much of it is psychological? I will often feel sleepy while driving home from a gig. But when I get home, I'll lie in bed and stare at the ceiling for hours like an maniac insomniac. A second ago I was trying to keep myself awake. Seems my body does the opposite of what I'm supposed to be doing.
  12. Okay, here's a couple pointers that may help.

1.Eat 3 large meals, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner; cut down on snacking and try to keep it in the 3 way form.

2.Excersize. Just do a bit more physically than you normally do.

3.No caffein, drink water and milk.

4.(if all else fails) Masturbate. I know it may sound wrong, but if you wax the pole whilst you are in bed trying to get to sleep, it will make you more tired.

Kaz :rolleyes: :smug:
  13. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

This is EXACTLY my problem. I hate that. I will definitely do the exercise thing. I'll jog a few laps around the neighborhood, and then some in and go to bed after "waxing the pole." NOT. That's why the wife is here!
  14. It's 12:52 AM right now and I'd usually stay up a few more hours. I generally wake up at 12 PM or later on weekends, but I'm trying to fix that. I'll take some of these tips into consideration. If I wake up at 9 AM, no staying in bed for me! Well, time to sleep!