Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I can't stop listening to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by racket, Dec 4, 2005.

1. racket

racket

Jul 26, 2005
    Riverside, Ca
    FMIC Employee
    I added the Mighty Mighty Bosstones to my IPod and now I can't stop listening to them. Very infectious grooves. :hyper:
    And it's been three weeks. Anyone else into the MMB's

2. primemover

primemover

Oct 16, 2005
    Baton Rouge
    Yea I like "Where did ya go". I saw em live at rockfest in Atlanata in 98. A fun band.

3. I concur: "Where Did You Go?" is one of the best sing-alongs of all time. The bass tone was so DEEP on their recordings.

4. jjtsucka

jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    i dont like there bass player at all i read an article where he was bashing the instrument HE PLAYS!!! that he feeds his family with saying how boaring and easy it is to play. perhaps he should expand his horizions a little and make it a challenge but i kinda like the band though

5. Listen to a song by the MM Bosstones called "What's at stake", is cover of a Slapshot song (of the same name obv.), you might want to get the slapshot version, just to compare them, its funny :)

6. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I think they're an awesome band - well that's the impression that I get when I listen to them :smug: :D

7. "Pay Attention" is my favorite release from them. It's a rockin' CD from top to bottom. The songs just get inside of you...

8. theyre the big party time nu-ska band its ok to like!
    plus they wear tartan suits... nuff sed :bassist:

theyre great, they carry on the legacy of bands like the specials and bad manners (if you dont know about them check em out, try :
    Trojan records "ska - hits and near misses"
    its got all the original ska / two tone bands doing their best songs live.

oh, and that comment about the bass was just trying to be punkxkx innit