Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I CAN'T STOP !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pyrohr, Nov 2, 2002.

1. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I did it again, gas has won out. just scored another jazz bass. It's a 98 MIA deluxe in mint condition. I had been looking at this bass for some time now and had passed on it 3 or 4 basses ago. the original price I saw was $999.00 so I passed, they dropped it down to $850.00 where it stayed for month's. Every time I would go in that store I would pick it up and play then ask the manager what he wanted to do, Two week's ago he told me $750.00 then I hung it back up and walk by him and out the door. last night I asked him again and after waiting for him to take care of his business he told me $650.00 w/case. I told him done deal.

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    [​IMG]

Thats a really nice looking bass you got there.. good price too.. congrats

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    By any chance, did you buy that bass from Sam Ash in Bklyn? If so, I bought that bass for the store when I was the guitar dept manager there & i haven't worked thier for a long time!!!! :) I'm suprised it was there for SO long. I like the pick-up's of these basses better than the newer ones with the Noiseless. Congrats!!!

If you didn't buy it from sam Ash in bklyn, sorry for the rant. LOL ;)

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Nino yes . Larry and I are pretty cool. you know how long this bass was there and I have been telling him I didn't need it. The truth is it play's like a dream now (they must have set it up again) because it did not feel that way before. I just had to wipe it down and that's it. Hey Nino I thought about you when I posted and expected you to reply.

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    it's alright, none of us can stop! would you mind taking a few more pics of that bass? I like the color and I would love to see the rest of it!

P@

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    O'kay here's another pic, sorry about the glare I just can't seem to get the right pic.

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yessssss.... I like that bass! you might have to let me know if you get sick of it! very nice indeed!

P@

8. I'm liking that picture, very cool shot.

9. [​IMG]

What a beauty. *MUST...PUT...SADOWSKY...J BASS...PUPS...IN THERE...FOR YOU...AND LISTEN..MMM*

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    AHH after all day with my new toy I must say I did well. This bass is a keeper and complement's my style 100%