1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I CAN'T STOP !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pyrohr, Nov 2, 2002.

1. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I did it again, gas has won out. just scored another jazz bass. It's a 98 MIA deluxe in mint condition. I had been looking at this bass for some time now and had passed on it 3 or 4 basses ago. the original price I saw was $999.00 so I passed, they dropped it down to $850.00 where it stayed for month's. Every time I would go in that store I would pick it up and play then ask the manager what he wanted to do, Two week's ago he told me $750.00 then I hung it back up and walk by him and out the door. last night I asked him again and after waiting for him to take care of his business he told me $650.00 w/case. I told him done deal.

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    [​IMG]

Thats a really nice looking bass you got there.. good price too.. congrats

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    By any chance, did you buy that bass from Sam Ash in Bklyn? If so, I bought that bass for the store when I was the guitar dept manager there & i haven't worked thier for a long time!!!! :) I'm suprised it was there for SO long. I like the pick-up's of these basses better than the newer ones with the Noiseless. Congrats!!!

If you didn't buy it from sam Ash in bklyn, sorry for the rant. LOL ;)

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Nino yes . Larry and I are pretty cool. you know how long this bass was there and I have been telling him I didn't need it. The truth is it play's like a dream now (they must have set it up again) because it did not feel that way before. I just had to wipe it down and that's it. Hey Nino I thought about you when I posted and expected you to reply.

5. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    it's alright, none of us can stop! would you mind taking a few more pics of that bass? I like the color and I would love to see the rest of it!

P@

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    O'kay here's another pic, sorry about the glare I just can't seem to get the right pic.

7. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yessssss.... I like that bass! you might have to let me know if you get sick of it! very nice indeed!

P@

8. I'm liking that picture, very cool shot.

9. [​IMG]

What a beauty. *MUST...PUT...SADOWSKY...J BASS...PUPS...IN THERE...FOR YOU...AND LISTEN..MMM*

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    AHH after all day with my new toy I must say I did well. This bass is a keeper and complement's my style 100%