1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I caved and got the Geddy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Earwigger, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    geddy_lee_jazz.

I'm a Fender-hater as most of my experiences with them have been less then favorable, but this is a notable exception. I played it for 15 minutes at Guitar Center and had to get it right there. It's like a Rickenbacker - huge amount of treble attack that's adjustable via the tone control, the passive tones are out of this world, full of midrange and growl but without being obnoxious, and the neck is truly comfortable.

I've heard a lot of good things about them and never gave them much credit as people who rabidly endorse Fenders can be biased and unobjective at times :)

But you were right, the Geddy rules. Sound clips coming soon.

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Sweet man. I too am coming around. After years of never wanting a Fender I picked up an SX Jazz and it's killer. So the Geddy must be really nice. Congrats! ;)

3. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Round-nosers unite!

4. Glad to see you coming to your senses :D

I got mine for my birthday a week or so ago, it's so comfy

5. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    They are truly things of beauty. :bassist:

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Awesome bass. Now go play La Villa Strangiato already!

Graeme

7. nice to have you with us. killer bass.

8. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    What a GREAT instrument. I did the exact same thing, grabbing a Geddy off the rack at GC to test an Ampeg rig. After about 30 minutes, I was like "What the heck is this?" I bought *it* and no Ampeg rig.

Congrats. Crafted in Japan, no less.

9. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    you have chosen WISELY my friend. GREAT basses, well worth the money you spent.