1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I change my position on everything.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    From now on, when someone is on a $600-$800 spending budget for a new bass, and just needs a step up bass to gig with, I will always say MIM Active Fender Jazz.

I just played one after my bass lesson... HOLY ****

Best sounding and most comfortable bass I have EVER played. It was so freakin punchy, yet had this growl to it... It was amazing...

I was playing it through a Peavey Basic112... it sounded like it was running through a peavey 4x10 with a firebass head or something... Just amazing.

So, in answer to all your questions, MIM Jazz.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I also like the MIM Deluxe Jazz, although the guys at the FDP don't seem too enthusiastic over it. Not trad enough, I guess.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm a P-bass guy, and have been very impressed with the MIM P-basses I've heard and played... excellent value for the dollar.

4. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Hell yeah,

The Mexi jazz rocks! i personally like the neck better than the american ones (yes it is different) and it nails the jazz tone! I had one for a while but traded it on a six string. Ill be getting another soon hopefully

Joe