Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I chuckled at this.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Apr 23, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
  2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's awesome. I would love a used amplifier. But I insist, I must pay five dollars more than new! I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. They're both priced higher than the "slashed" list price. What's Up With That?

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Very, very nice. I of course, e-mailed them about that one. One other time I caught a typo and they gave me 10% off my next purchase. It was pretty cool. :bassist:

Ray

5. Sidecar666

Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    I guess they figured it was Pre-Broken in. All those hours you waste breaking in a new piece of gear have been eliminated for you!

6. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    No, don't be silly -- there's really no difference with the amp, of course... You're paying for the opening of the box! (It's kind of like a corking fee, you know?) :smug:

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    that reminds me of the time i bought a bike for my daughter. the last one they had was the floor model. they wanted to charge me the assembly fee that they charge to put one that's still in the box together.

i said, no way. hey the thing was handled by who knows how many people.

so the manager starts to call an employee to take the bike apart. i finally convince him that paying someone to disassemble the bike was the stupidest thing i'd ever see someone do. :rollno:

8. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I would have let them take it apart, and then say that you liked another bike better and were going to get the other one, muahhahahaha