1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I committed a felony today..and it felt so good...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobBass, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Today,I touched John Entwistle's 1956 Fender Precision at the Guitar Exhibition in Dublin.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ..DO NOT TOUCH...if they're saying that,it must be good..
    Loads of cool guitars but very few basses..:crying:

2. dude...you're a jerk...

that's like, holy ground!

lol

3. screw that i would of bought a kevlar jacket and took the damn thing home hehehe

what did it feel like? was it like spinal tap with the strat? oooohhhh 1956 mmmmmmmmm "but you cant play it, its for looking at, actually dont even look at it, stop looking at it!"

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    If you had screamed "shazam" while touching it, you would get super powers for sure.

5. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I almost touched his Alembic Spider bass that was on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It was millimeters away from my fingers. All I wanted to do was just rub some of the fingerprints off, set it up, and give it some nice non-rusted strings.. it looks like it was found in an attic, not some prized relic on display in pristine condition at a museum.

6. it was so stupid...they don't allow you to hear what they sound like..Their attitude:
    ..If you want to hear what they sound like..buy the record..

7. you can understand the not letting you play the spider, have you seen the gear john used just to get connected to his pre?

they would prob have no idea how to set it up

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Imagine if as you had touched it it had collapsed and ended up in a broken heap on the floor...the "do not touch" signs are there for a reason... ;)

9. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    He coulda just said it was already falling apart on the inside from not being played. It just now got around to physically showing.

10. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I was at that exhibit last week, when I was in Dublin for a few days. There was a lot of cool stuff there, but not enough basses IMO. What did you do, just reach under the plastic surround?

11. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Are you kidding? Entwistle isn't an idol of mine, but if I was standing next to McCartney's bass, I'd touch it and kiss it and *gladly* go to jail for a few days. I wouldn't take it though...wouldn't want to rob everybody else the chance to look at it.

12. Very nicely done dude!

It reminds me of the time when i was in the US, and crossed the chorded off section and dived into Ecto-1 :D

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Sounds like a mystical expirence ! :D

14. Laws are meant to be broken :bag: ;) next time grab the bass and play it for a few seconds. :ninja:

15. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    lol, that's pretty awesome.

16. Felony? Eh, probably just a misdemeanor.

Still, I'd call that a bargain, the best you e-e-ver had. The best you ever HAAAAAAAAAAAD! :bassist:

17. I have a picture somewhere from when i was 14-15 sitting in ecto-1, shall have to find it!

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

Indeed, pick it up and knock out a few slap lines on it!

19. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    I just spit water all over my keyboard. Well done.:)

20. You should buy a similar P bass, knock it about a bit so they look similar, and swap em!