I could be deaf by the time I'm 40.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtdemeo

sgtdemeo

Dec 31, 2007
    NYC, NY, USA
    please God... have you no mercy??? after all this poor girl has been through??
    I mean, how much can one person take??? I mean sheesh, just in the last year, she was robbed, threw up on her bass, been in fights with her grandma, scratched one bass, and got sick on another, oh, had one knocked over by rude person. lets see, there is more... oh yes, was found unconsious with a knife about to kill her roomate, diagnosed with god-knows what disasterous injury in her wrists, has a popping finger, has another roomate that talks @#%t about her, got booted for a new bassist at church show, got hated on at a party for not knowing any pink floyd, may have to go to court, beloved shergold isnot staying in tune, been diagnosed with Cushings Syndrome, Had to repeat a year at school, broke two toes, pulled a milli-vanilli on the bass (at church, no less) and thats only back to August... GOD WHYYYY??????? :crying::crying::crying:

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Meh. A friend of mine figured that any artistic types "lose it" when they hit 40, or at least by that time. Somehow NIN's "With Teeth" figured heavily in his calculations.

So, theoretically your hearing won't matter by that point :D

3. Perhaps a symptom of hearing loss is vomiting upon musical instruments. I could win a Nobel Prize for this...:ninja:

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Your 'tar tickles my "you should fear that" bone.

5. What gives? My name is Fassa.

lowsound

6. :D

It's Ganon, from Legend of Zelda CD-i. Check it out if you want to see some really funny old video games.

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    For what it's worth, I listen to music roughly 6-7 hours daily as well at work.
    I play bass for 30 - 90 mins a day on top of that.
    I, however, have beyond excellet hearing, simply due to the fact that I take care of my ears.
    The amount does matter, but also the volume. Your ears can fatigue and cause hearing loss. They can also be overworked from high volume listening.
    You need to learn to cherish things you want to have later in life, and take care of them as much as you can.

8. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    honestly, after reading so many of your threads, I had always thought you were younger than me....

9. What he said. :D Earplugs are your friends.

10. sgtdemeo

sgtdemeo

Dec 31, 2007
    NYC, NY, USA
    have any of you giving real advice ever read any of the OP's other threads?? all of your great advice is falling on "deaf" ears :D

Sorry, couldn't resist

11. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Will this have a deafinite chance at being hall of fame material?

12. Maybe...this is getting more epic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.