1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I could kick myself

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by que-ever, Apr 30, 2009.

1. que-ever

que-ever

Oct 21, 2006
    My band Torpid have recently finished recording our first album, and the guitarist made a youtube video previewing mos of the tracks, and it went completely over my head that I had a huge musical database to get feedback from. The video is here-

please let me know what you think.

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Not really my style, but some cool bassin' there none the less.

3. que-ever

que-ever

Oct 21, 2006
    Why thank you.

4. fendsboy417

fendsboy417

May 1, 2007
    Cool and original sound.

5. evergroove

evergroove

Apr 15, 2009
    Evergreen, CO
    I dig the tunes! Did you guys do it all yourselves?

I'd have made some different decisions during mixing BUT that is the beauty about mixing. Everyone has a different style :D

6. que-ever

que-ever

Oct 21, 2006
    The writing and playing was all us, we recorded with a guy named Zeke in his bedroom. He's taken some classes and is part of some indie "label" thing which as far as I know is a loose group of people who record bands in their houses and make compilations for charity. He did the mixing as well, and most of it was ok although on a couple of tracks the bass is barely audible (waah)

7. iplaybasstexas

iplaybasstexas

Apr 5, 2008
    DFW
    when you make a studio album (proper quality,mixing), I'm buying it!!!! :]

8. evergroove

evergroove

Apr 15, 2009
    Evergreen, CO
    The stranger mix decision is on some of the the songs the bass isn't panned center. While I get the creativity behind the decision it's not really a wise one :)

9. que-ever

que-ever

Oct 21, 2006
    hm, I remember a bandmate saying something about this, or similar. This may be due to absolutely none of the people involved having proper speakers, so everytime we listen to it to try and see what to change, we wouldn't quite get the right idea.