I couldn't get out of the bogs

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by themickster, Nov 27, 2021.

1. themickster

themickster

Oct 4, 2015
    England
    I was at a gig and had to empty my bladder. It can happen to anyone, so I'm not too upset. Thing is, after I'd washed my hands, I went to the door. A sign said Now wash your hands. I did and went back to the door. It still said Now wash your hands. I washed them and went back to the door. It still said Now wash your hands. I was in there for hours with others wanting to get in. They slid a sheet of paper under the door for me to put over the sign, but every time I looked at it to see where to put the paper, I had to wash my hands. I tried to do it by feel, but it was in Braille. In the end they had to take the door off its hinges and spray paint the whole door without looking at it.

GregC, Beej, L Anthony and 23 others like this.
  2. At least you had somewhere to sit.

Low8, stonetone7, vvvmmm and 6 others like this.
  3. Thummel

Thummel

Jun 24, 2007
    West Texas
    none
    You should have called the drummer and the singer….

4. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    It takes a special kind of person to get themselves in a situation like this.
    And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

5. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Man, I hate when that happens. Glad to hear you're okay....

S-Bigbottom and design like this.
  6. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Welp *this* coulduv happened… :laugh::laugh:

22E77122-A84E-4ADF-BF25-57C4701228C0.jpeg

L Anthony, GIBrat51, dave64o and 15 others like this.
  7. Honkey tonk

Honkey tonk Turn it up Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Lower 48
    Might need an attorney

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  8. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    to bad you didnt have a couple of these fellas in your trouser pocket:beaver::beaver:

9. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    That's what you get for following printed instructions...

10. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    That happens when I’m driving home. There should be a Stop and then Go sign.

11. Wouldn’t they have been “po’d’?

JRA and Spidey2112 like this.
  12. Spidey2112 and staurosjohn like this.
  13. themickster

themickster

Oct 4, 2015
    England
    Even worse happened tonight. There was a sign on the cistern saying Now wash your hands. I had to call home to get them to bring me some dry shorts and jeans.

S-Bigbottom, Oddly and Spidey2112 like this.
  14. That's okay. I got trapped outside of the supermarket yesterday. The door said "Entrance". The hypnotist didn't wake me up for hours. :roflmao:

15. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    What Is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Treatment:

Neurosurgical treatment (e.g., deep brain stimulation, anterior capsulotomy) in refractory cases

Deep brain stimulation has gained popularity in treating people with severe OCD that is not responding to other treatments. Some studies show that anterior capsulotomy, a surgical procedure, can also be effective but it is underused due to historical prejudice rather than lack of clinical effectiveness.

Medication

A class of medications known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), typicall used to treat depression, can also be effective in the treatment of OCD. The SSRI dosage used to treat OCD is commonly higher than that used to treat depression. Patients who do not respond to one SSRI medication sometimes respond to another. Other psychiatric medications can also be effective. Noticeable benefit usually takes six to twelve weeks.

Patients with mild to moderate OCD symptoms are typically treated with either CBT or medication depending on patient preference, the patient’s cognitive abilities and level of insight, the presence or absence of associated psychiatric conditions, and treatment availability. It is recommended that patients with severe OCD symptoms receive both CBT and medication. .

Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy

One effective treatment is a type of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) known as exposure and response prevention. During treatment sessions, patients are exposed to feared situations or images that focus on their obsessions, initially leading to increased anxiety. Patients are instructed to avoid performing their usual compulsive behaviors (known as response prevention). By staying in a feared situation without anything terrible happening, patients learn that their fearful thoughts are just thoughts rather than reality.

People learn that they can cope with their obsessions without relying on ritualistic behaviors, and their anxiety decreases over time. Using evidence-based guidelines, therapists and patients typically collaborate to develop an exposure plan that gradually moves from lower anxiety situations to higher anxiety situations. Exposures are performed both in treatment sessions and at home. Some people with OCD (especially those with limited insight into their illness) may not agree to participate in CBT because of the initial anxiety it evokes..

Caregiver interventions

In people with OCD who live with family or caregivers, enlisting the support of caregivers to help with exposure practice at home is recommended.

Self-care

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can help in coping with OCD. Also, using basic relaxation techniques, such as meditation, yoga, visualization, and massage, can help ease the stress and anxiety caused by OCD.

Bass Gear Acquisition

Bass Gear-assisted interventions are emerging as an additional treatment modality, but little is known regarding the safe and effective delivery of these interventions.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Black Out Jazz likes this.
  16. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Don't be alarmed, folks... @IamGroot stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, last night.

17. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Out-of-town at a conference...buddy was late for the first meeting. Claims he couldn't get out of his hotel room. The suite had 3 doors: one was the bathroom, the second was a closet, and the 3rd had a placard on the knob reading "Do Not Disturb".

Riis

18. tr4252

tr4252

May 27, 2013
    In NY the left turn arrow lights used to have a sign; "wait for green arrow". I'd sit there for days thinking some cartoon guy had the right of way.
    Tom

L Anthony, S-Bigbottom, Oddly and 3 others like this.
  19. Yeah, but did you hear the theme song? Superheroes don't move without their theme music being played. If you don't hear that you've got a long wait. I'd run the light if you don't have a CDL.

L Anthony likes this.
  20. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022