Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I couldn't get the Dingwall, so I got this...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lbanks, Jan 8, 2004.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  2. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    No offense but is that a good price...if it is I better get moving cause I know where there is one for half that..

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I doubt it. It should sell for 150-200, but I got ebayed in the last minute of bidding and the price jump from $125; oh well, a contract's a contract...

4. jcx

jcx

Jan 9, 2004
    Wow! I just gave my old duke to my daughter for christmas. I'm going to teach her how to play, and that one is easy on small hands.

Its the fastest bass I ever played, and I used to amaze people doing fretboard parlor tricks, hammer-ons, false harmoncs and the like back in the 80s.

But now I'm older, and have been shown the nirvana of tone by a '93 Bossa 5 string fretless that has been my main axe for the last 10 years.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    What makes it so bad is there was a Dingwall on Ebay I was lurking on, but I doubt I'll be able to make the reserve....

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is a nice Dingwall, but the BIN price is too much, IMHO.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Well, I did get a message saying that it was a new one, but I'm looking for a 5ver and if I had any money, I'd get this...
    [​IMG]
    $1199/w case
    at http://www.basscentral.com/2003/dingwall.shtml
    (its the used one)

8. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    too late, if that was the used one that Bass Central had it is sold according to their Web site. I was looking at it myself.

9. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    OWWWWWWWWWwwwwww......>falls to the floor, sobbing<

10. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Unexpectantly, The Duke showed up at my door today; Not Bad...interesting. Better sound than others of this type I've tried....HEY! what kind of stand is used for one of these? Kind of appeals to my minimalist tendencies.
    [​IMG]