Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I declare myself the Hanyou!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Frank Martin, May 16, 2005.

1. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    That's right!

Had a funny day so far.
    Woke up at 10, but didnt wanna learn.
    I have one test tomorrow, and the exam season starts next week.
    Instead,
    I was watching the early episodes of InuYasha that I missed out.
    So I got up at around 3 or 4 to have lunch, but practically my whole day was just watching InuYasha.

Heh..
    if my Mother was watching it, she would say that Inu was formed exactly after me...
    Well, ok, I'm not that agressive... usually...
    And I'm not that badass, either... nor do I have superpowers...
    But as I was watching the series, I realized not just that I really am like him... but also how others see me... this puts things that others sometimes said about me in a new light...

Anyway...

Have you ever had that you got to know yourself better from a cartoon or movie?

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My wife is quite the Inuyasha nut. I've tried to like anime but I can't seem to make myself do it. Just when I'm thinking I can stomach me some Cowboy Bebop, they manage to throw in some stylistic convention that just stops my enjoyment in its tracks.

But anyway, I digress. I don't think I've ever seen myself in a cartoon/movie/TV character, but I was at the grocery store the other day, and saw a guy a few checkout lanes over who looked startlingly like me - though details of grooming were different, I had had the same hairstyle and facial hair in the past. He was about the same height and build, and the way he carried himself and his body language was like looking in the mirror. I couldn't help but stare, which was not a problem since he never looked my way. It was a singularly weird experience - verrry creepy. He embodied the qualities about myself that I tend to be self conscious about. I wonder what Dr. Freud would have to say about all of it.

:eyebrow:

3. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Hey, I've seen another guy who looked quite like me...
    But on closer look, he wasn't exactly like me

The thing here rather is about how in the early episodes his behaviour was just like my old behaviour... (and some more strains even now...) very-very similar to me.. :eek:

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Oh and BTW, hopefully you didn't arrive home to find someone looking just like you in your house... SD? Is it still you or have you been cloned like Schwarzenegger? :eek:

:D