I declare myself The Man.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, May 15, 2005.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

That's why.

(Ignore the paint, mud, caulk, and grout spattered shoe to your left)
  2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Saw that one at the theater when I was young...
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I don't get it.

Am I too young?
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    About Fifty-fifty too young/uncultured heathen.
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

What? Is there something interesting in the red box hidden behind the stupid poster? :bag:

I kid, I kid...

What do you think of the live action Transformers movie they're (the liberal Hollywood illuminatti they) are currently working on?
  6. Holy crap I must have watched that transformer movie 100 times when I was a kid, even if it was made before I was born....
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The red Box is a milk crate from Seattle. They're sturdy as hell, and hard to come by these days. Make for excellent packing (moving to TN and all).

I have it on VHS, DVD, have many, many of the original figures, knockoffs, new ones, and transforming robots in general. Never mess with The Transformers. It's like bears: you just don't mess with pissed off bear, and you just don't mess with a 40 foot tall robot that can turn into a fighter jet.

I don't know what I think about the live-action movie. It's one of those things: on one hand, I'm morbidly curious, and want to know everything I can. On the other hand, I don't want to know, I don't want to have to sit with the knowledge of some terrible travesty for several months longer than I'd have to than if I just waited for it to come out.

So, I'm staying away from the fan and insider type sites.

Actually the Transformers movie is really interesting. The movement is completely reversed (in terms of western cinema right/left), the lighting is spectacular, you can't get this quality of animation anymore. It actually merits study; I've got the paper and film professor to back me up on this one. This wasn't a japanese film dubbed into English, this was specifically English, and yet all the movement conventions are reversed.

And if they can make a big deal out of single frames in Citizen Kane, I get this one, you dirty apes.
  8. That's not the only thing it has in common with Citizen Kane, either!

(Orson Welles)
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I never liked how they killed off half of the original cast within ten minutes of the movie starting and make no big deal about it. In their defense, I guess if they did, then a lot of little kids would be crying in the theaters.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, that and Weird Al.

Orson Welles, Weird Al; we're talking a cinematic juggernaut here, people.
  11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I hearby declare you no longer the man, and transfer the title to Whafrodamus "The Man" based on the manliest 'fro I've ever seen...

12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'll crush you just as Megatron crushed Prime.
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I will just hide behind Whafrodamus' 'fro, it will protect me, even from a silly child's toy.
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Afroses come and afroses go... Transformer posters... can be set on fire... but so can afros...es.
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Beh... Optimus Prime is dead due to colon cancer and well...

and well..

Voltron, defender of the universe got robotserved by Robeast

Oh shame shame shame

transformers are no longer in their prime :crying: :crying:
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    To futher my assertion of The Man-ness:

Yes, Virginia, that is a Cobra wall hanging/tapestry thingie. I've never seen another one (though they exist). It's actually promo material for a card based G.I. Joe game (ala Magic or whatever) I got from a friend who owns a game/comic shop. No clue if they're available to the general public or not. But, I do know it is evidence of my The Man-ness nonetheless.
  17. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

My friend had one of those, but yes, indeed, Transformers movie is the shiz-nite. The sequel isn't too shabby either.
  18. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    No offense here, but my brother's girlfriend has had that Transformers Movie poster for a LOOOONG time. :D
  19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes, but she didn't declare herself The Man, now did she?