I did it. Fender Jazz content inside.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Sep 17, 2006.

1. You may remember my thread about the dilemma I had... to trade or not to trade, that was the question. It's been answered by a resounding "yes!". I swapped my American Deluxe J for an immaculate American Series J. Preliminary camera phone pics below:

stfull.gif

stbody.gif

sthead.gif

stclose.gif

Recorded at my first practice with it, and it's definitely what I want. I'm a passive guy and this bass is as solid as any Fender I've ever played.

2. Very classy man. Have fun!

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Man. I need to own a Sunburst Jazz.

Sexy!

-Mark

4. Warwickluvr

Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    I played a fretless American Jazz today. Sounded amazing. I like passive basses as well. You can get a lot of different tones just by adjusting the pickup balance. Active basses are so tempting, and I've been tempted, but passive is what's for me, for now at least.

5. Was this the one from the Poll about u had a bass that u've haved for a while but just didnt feel right anymore and were thinkin about trading it for another that felt better?

6. Very nice - enjoy!!

7. Hey Cool. Thanks for the follow up.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    B-E-A-Utiful!

9. lol, i like his name. "jenderfazz"

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Congrats. I am very jealous so don't tell me where you live because I'll steal it.

:ninja:
    Ninja style.

11. ;) Yeah, this is the bass from the poll. I guess I'm really liking my decision right now. It doesn't hurt too much to think of the old guy, as much as I liked it.

12. I voted to get the one that felt right. U did good to take my advice, congradulations! lol I never noticed how long the word "congradulations" is.

13. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I had the same problem you had, and I must have gone through 4 or 5 active basses before I realized I am also a passive guy. I didn't quite go your route, but I got a 60's reissue jazz, and did quite a few mods including SD Antiquity I's and a custom Has-Sound concentric harness with special capacitors. Here she is now in all her glory:)

Picture068.jpg

Picture066.jpg

14. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    nice bass. enjoy playing it. go fender.

15. jwl

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
    nice axe. those pics are pretty good for a phone. here's my #1.
    [​IMG]

16. Glad to hear your enjoying it and not looking back :)

17. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    That's a nice looking MIA Jazz mate! Play it and enjoy it in good health!

Glad to see the MIA Jazzes are still popular as ever!

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sweet!

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021