Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I did it!!! i got a new cab today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ldiezman, Mar 30, 2002.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I've been looking for a new cab for awhile now and I knew I was either gonna go eden, ampeg, or aguilar. Well, I do like eden gear, i like it alot, but for some reason or another, Eden just doesn't melt my butta. I have heard nothing but exceptional things about Aguilar and I was looking into getting an aguilar cab, but i never want to buy something sight unseen and there are no dealers anwhere near me, so I decided to go ampeg. Not because that what was available, but because I played a certain cab and it just did it for me.

I was going to grab and ampeg Bse-410HLF but when i walked into this store they had the BSE and a BXT410.. I played the BSE first, it was good, decent low end... i liked it

But then i plugged into the BXT cab, And i almost cried. This thing is a tone beast. Its the best tone for me. Good low end. everything i could want in a cab..

This bad boy is heavy though 122lbs.. but thats allright. it sounds so good.. I am happy :)

2. Congrats, man! Sounds like a great cabinet.
    I know the feeling.. I just got that new Aguilar 2x12. Wheeeeeee! :D

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Well, you cannot go wrong with Ampeg-
    I wish I still had my B-15N from many moons ago.

Rawk Awn!:cool: