I did it

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dirtjumper2001, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Thursday night I went and picked up my new Fender American Jazz Bass. I love it, sounds so much better than the last bass I owned but I won't go into that. So I played that all Thursday night and as much as I could on Friday. Last night our band had its first gig at an 18th birthday party, so I was practising with the band until we had to go. We were so into it that we didn't realize that we should have left about half an hour earlier. woops :eek: So we all piled into the cars and set off. When we got there we started settin everything up. Then I realize that i've been a fool and in the rush to get everything ready I've left my lead at home. Ok I thought, I'll use my spare lead. That didn't work. :( So I'm running around looking for a spare lead to use. Eventually I found one and we were all set. And so our set began. We had about 12 songs planned, some of our own and some covers. So all is goin well until after our third song. We blew a damn fuse! So being the intelligent band we are we had that sorted in about 5 minutes, and so the show went on. It went really well, so much better than we thought being our first gig. Then there were some drum and bass dj's on after us. Off they went doing their thing, then they blew a fuse too! Being the stupid dj's that they are, it took them half an hour to sort it out. :p Haha! I just thought i'd share that with all of you.
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
  3. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I'm guessing an instrument cable...

4. Yeah, you know, lead/cable, whatever you want to call it. That long thing that connects your bass to your amp. I just call it a lead.
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    For a minute I thought you meant you left your "Lead" guitar player home. :D
  6. Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    I tried that once. He found out (duh, where is everybody?). Anyway, it didn't turn out well to say the least.;)