1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I did NOT get a new bass yesterday.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kawai-chang, Jul 19, 2007.

1. It was NOT a Peavey Foundation S in arctic white with black hardware/pickups.

It does NOT have a SWEET Jazz-type of neck, with just a little more front to back thickness that fills my hand very nicely.

It also does NOT possess the really hot Schaller P & J pickups with indiviual volumes and shared tone, which do NOT have a wide variety of combinations that sound really nice.

Since I don't have pics this bass does NOT exist, so I just thought I'd share the cool (and inexpensive) cure for my P-bass GAS that I didn't get.

Thank you for reading this.

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Ahhh GAS. It will soon become just as bad as SARS and AIDS. :meh:

3. DazzyPig

DazzyPig

Jul 16, 2007
    Birmingham UK
    Ok, i know what gas means.... but what does it stand for

Gear ___(something)___ Syndrome?

Been wondering this for a little while now

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome. :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

GAS is a horrible, horrible thing.

5. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    acquisition i believe

EDIT: damn you beat me...

6. gear acquisition syndrome.
    or guitar acquisition syndrome.

edit: Crap. Double post-sniped.

7. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    acquisition

8. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Bit late there Geezerman. :p

9. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    yea...and i did not get a 5-string warwick streamer stage II for $1742 yesterday...:hyper:

10. DazzyPig

DazzyPig

Jul 16, 2007
    Birmingham UK
    Yea and i really didn't get the warwick fortress masterman i've been after on ebay....No really! some one used the buy now and i didn't have quite enoguh to stretch...dang! :scowl:

Edit: And thanks for the numerous explanations on GAS!! Much apreciated Roon, Rockwarnick, pattheanchor, and geezerman :p alas it is somehting that has ailed me for some time now, we try not to talk about it much at home, it bothers my mother greatly when we do...Poor mum, she's never been the same since my 10th guitar...

11. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    well i really technically haven't gotten it yet...i put it on hold for me. i had to get it because anyone smart warwick fan would know that that bass was is bassically a steal seeing as how it's a four-thousand dollar bass and its priced at about $1700