Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Did This

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by anonymous0726, Dec 18, 2001.

1. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
  2. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Thanks Ray. I thoroughly enjoyed the clip. I would hope others will be so inclined.

3. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well I'm in wrap-up stage (lots of loose-ends tracking, mixing) on my year-end CD, but I hope to have some bits to put up on mp3.com soon. About 60% BG, I think, I've not really counted. Plus loads of guitar and keyboard work as well.

-dh

4. Great Clip and great web site. Next time you're at Finally Fred's ,I'll try and stop by.

Wil

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I have some room. Email it to me.

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'm in the same boat as Ed, but I'd love to play as well. Is there a way to set up a page specifially for TB DB stuff? How hard would that be and what would it cost?

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Ed, Chris:

Check out www.angelfire.com, they're offering free web space with 50 meg of storage. They throw banner ads up on your site, but for what you guys want to do it should work fine.

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I really liked this, very cool.

9. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I set us up some space at a free site. The URL is:

http://geneparker.d2g.com/TalkBass/

For now I can maintain the site. Just send sound clips and info to me. As the site grows we can figure out how to deal with it's size, etc. As the page grows I'll set it up with bookmarks and the like so that the URL that you post here will take you to the page and 'post' where you need to be.

10. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
  11. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Ray,

That looks great. This weekend is pure hell, but I'll be sending you some stuff from me and Ed soon. Thanks for putting that up. Ok people, let's make some noise!

12. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    SODBUSTER,

That's some pretty good rockabilly stuff you got there. How/where was that recorded, and what bass do you use for those gigs?

13. Thanks. Your clip is great, hmmm SM58? Must have been the player to make that mic sound so good.
    ...those clips are live from the Sunset Ballroom at a hotel in KC. Was recorded direct to laptop via two large diaphragm mics (don't know)...one placed next to the singers main mic, the other overhead. The bass is the Rodier with gut (bass max & slap thing) that I have bragged and complained about so much here. Funny you should ask, I just traded it in:( ..I miss it...no I don't, I'm glad its gone...no...doh:mad:

14. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001