Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I didn't know MIA were THIS much better then MIM's!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Jun 28, 2001.

1. I played a black MIA Jazz with a maple board and my god, its wonderful. I never played a MIA that I could justify buying since I have a MIM J, but if I had $$$, it would go to this! Seriously, this thing is gorgeous, and it played SO well. I got the JPJ tone on ramble on nailed perfectly. I was even running it through those small SWR LA series amps, but it still sounded great!

This was the best fender Ive ever played, but alas, Im poor :(

2. i took part in a little a/b test at a local music superstore as well and i know what you mean.. there's a certain quality to the tone found in a MIA which rises above a stock MIM IMO. for some reason though, the neck on the MIM feels more like what a jazz should feel like. the MIA is a little too bulky for my taste.

3. If I had to guess, the bulk on the newer MIA Jazzes is the graphite reinforcement the MIMs don't have.

Worth it to me...

4. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    tallguy, since you mentioned it, what did you think of the SWR LA amp? Is it close to the Workingman combo?