1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I do the new bass boogie..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..all over town!

Little something that dropped into my mailbox..

Well not really, I just picked it up from the freight office along with my two new SWR monitors and a 2-channel Behringer Feedback Destroyer. No more difficulties hearing myself OR the singers! :D

It's a NOS Ibanez ATK-600, MIJ and all.

[​IMG]

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oh, pretty nice wood, it's alder or perhaps ash with bookmatched flamed maple cap on both sides of the body.

[​IMG]

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    And the headstock, which has a thin veneer of.. what, koa perhaps? Looks more like laquered rosewood though.

[​IMG]

4. Very nice

5. I dont know much about that bass, but it looks very bad-ass.

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    where did you get that at?
    do they have anymore?

that is beautiful!!!! nice job

steve

7. Why can't i find info about them in the ibanez website? thats the only ibanez i've ever seen and liked.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    As I said, it was New Old Stock, meaning it was buried under boxes for years at Europe's largest music warehouse and then appeared at their site as a single "demo instrument with couple of scratches". I was looking into a new, more inexpensive axe and this one hit my eye - the pricetag of €600 didn't hurt either. As I sent my order, I kept my fingers crossed that no-one would snag it just before me.

As far as I know, the ATK-600's were the 'deluxe'-version of the popular '90s ATK-300, now discontinued as well. I guess you could find one second-hand. I remember that some other TBer had one of these babies, and couple of other deluxe-ATKs have appeared on the site too.

The closest current model has to be ATK-1300 which has additional J-pup in the neck position, flamed maple cap etc, it lists around $1200 but I've seen them in sale for $750 in Europe.

9. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Very nice Tony.

10. i have a lefty atk300 that i got on e-bay for $300, that's pretty much the only place i know of to find one as they were discontinued.
    it's an ok bass...basically an ibanez copy of a musicman...

it weighs about 3,000lbs.