Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I do the new bass boogie..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..all over town!

Little something that dropped into my mailbox..

Well not really, I just picked it up from the freight office along with my two new SWR monitors and a 2-channel Behringer Feedback Destroyer. No more difficulties hearing myself OR the singers! :D

It's a NOS Ibanez ATK-600, MIJ and all.

[​IMG]

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oh, pretty nice wood, it's alder or perhaps ash with bookmatched flamed maple cap on both sides of the body.

[​IMG]

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    And the headstock, which has a thin veneer of.. what, koa perhaps? Looks more like laquered rosewood though.

[​IMG]

4. Very nice

5. I dont know much about that bass, but it looks very bad-ass.

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    where did you get that at?
    do they have anymore?

that is beautiful!!!! nice job

steve

7. Why can't i find info about them in the ibanez website? thats the only ibanez i've ever seen and liked.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    As I said, it was New Old Stock, meaning it was buried under boxes for years at Europe's largest music warehouse and then appeared at their site as a single "demo instrument with couple of scratches". I was looking into a new, more inexpensive axe and this one hit my eye - the pricetag of €600 didn't hurt either. As I sent my order, I kept my fingers crossed that no-one would snag it just before me.

As far as I know, the ATK-600's were the 'deluxe'-version of the popular '90s ATK-300, now discontinued as well. I guess you could find one second-hand. I remember that some other TBer had one of these babies, and couple of other deluxe-ATKs have appeared on the site too.

The closest current model has to be ATK-1300 which has additional J-pup in the neck position, flamed maple cap etc, it lists around $1200 but I've seen them in sale for $750 in Europe.

9. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Very nice Tony.

10. i have a lefty atk300 that i got on e-bay for $300, that's pretty much the only place i know of to find one as they were discontinued.
    it's an ok bass...basically an ibanez copy of a musicman...

it weighs about 3,000lbs.